2nd Lien - Collections Representative
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of America’s top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
Do you enjoy solving problems and providing excellent customer service? We need enthusiastic, tenacious, and success-driven telephone professionals to join our 2nd Lien Collections team. The ideal candidate can see the big picture in any given situation, will enjoy a job with a high degree of customer contact, and can handle any homeowner situation with composure and empathy. We are a growing company who takes pride in rewarding our top performers with both advancement opportunities and a lucrative bonus structure. We’re looking for assertive, well-spoken, and compassionate employees who are dependable, service-minded, and results-oriented.
Duties & responsibilities
The successful candidate will:
Receive and review loan information on 1 to 180+ delinquent 2nd lien accounts.
Contact borrowers in order to cure delinquency, set up payment arrangements, review borrower’s response packages for modifications, repayment plans or settle accounts, analyzes financial statements, tax returns, credit reports and the values of the collateral in order to determine and recommend the most feasible and appropriate workout to the customer.
Accurately underwrites the borrower’s income through the review of paystubs, tax documents, benefit statements, business profit and loss statements, etc.
Identify and recommend optimal workout strategies based on individual borrower circumstances
Identify and recommend legal strategies as necessary
Increase frequency of borrower contact based on days since last payment
Skills & abilities
The successful candidate needs:
English fluency required; Spanish fluency a plus.
Outstanding telephone and written communication skills.
Familiarity with Internet-based search techniques (including the use of skip-tracing solutions).
The ability to maintain professional conduct when dealing with people of any mood or personality type.
Familiarity with lending-related terminology and processes, especially related to mortgage delinquency.
Excellent reasoning and research skills; the ability to see the "big picture" and manage the details.
The ability to safeguard confidential customer and company information.
A solid work ethic, high integrity, a positive attitude, and strong attention to detail.
The ability to follow instructions but work with minimal direct supervision.
Excellent keyboarding skills.
Proficiency with Microsoft Windows-based computers and Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.).
The ability to remain stationary (mostly in a sitting position) for long periods of time.
Education & experience
High-school diploma (required).
College degree (preferred, but not required).
Over 1 year of loss mitigation, collections, or related mortgage-servicing experience (preferred, but not required). We will consider other relevant or similar experience.
Physical Demands/Work Environment/Disclaimer
Must be able to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time. Must be able to effectively access/operate and interpret information on computer screens, documents, and reports. Must be able to effectively communicate with all homeowners via phone (headset) and written means. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
* 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) days and 18 after 1st anniversary!
* 9 Paid Holidays
* Employee Engagement Activities
* Medical (including Health Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account)
* Dental - RX - Vision - Life, Disability Insurance - 401(k) Plan with company match! - Employee Assistance Plan
* Performance-based Incentives
* Pet Insurance
* Advancement Opportunities
* Our Corporate Social Responsibility program, Newrez NOW, empowers employees to become leaders in their communities through a robust program that includes volunteering, philanthropy, nonprofit grants, and more
* 1 Volunteer Time Off (VTO) day, company-paid volunteer day where all eligible employees may participate in a volunteer event with a nonprofit of their choice
* Employee Matching Gifts Program: We will match monetary employee donations to eligible non-profit organizations, dollar-for-dollar, up to $1,000 per employee
* Newrez Grants Program: Newrez hosts a giving portal where we provide employees an abundance of resources to search for an opportunity to donate their time or monetary contributions
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.