Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of America’s top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The Investor Accountant I handles all aspects of reconciling custodial accounts. This individual must have a deep understanding of mortgage activities as they relate to bank reconciliations and reporting, specifically for Ginnie Mae, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.
- Completes assigned bank account reconciliations accurately, completely and in the time frame required by corporate policy.
- Performs monthly audits of investor collection and escrow accounts.
- Research and review accounts, items, or processes selected for audit.
- Prepares and ensures accuracy and integrity of accounting and transactional records to ensure proper financial reporting.
- Identify variances and work with other departments to clear within compliance guidelines.
- Performs special projects and additional task as required.
- Use all appropriate tools to maintain detailed audit records including but not limited to MS Excel and SQL.
- Identifies operational risks and escalate issues to management.
- Primary liaison between Mortgage Operations, Accounting and Treasury Operations ensuring accuracy and compliance of all Investor Reporting/Accounting.
- 2-3 years of work experience with GNMA, FNMA and FHLMC custodial account reconciliations
- Extensive knowledge of GNMA, FNMA and FHLMC bank reconciliation guidelines and requirements
- Ability to meet strict timelines
- Excellent analytical skills with strong attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks
- Able to effectively interact with managers and members of the functional areas including but not limited to Accounting, Treasury Operations, Operations, and Loan Administration
- A self-motivated work style and a strong desire to exceed expectations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Above average skill levels in MS Excel is required
- Basic knowledge and use of SQL
- GNMA, FNMA and FHLMC custodial account reconciliations experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
* Three weeks’ PTO (paid time off) for vacation and sick days.
* Paid holidays.
* Medical, dental, vision, life, and pet insurance.
* Short- and long-term disability insurance.
* Adoption- and tuition-assistance programs.
* 401k matching program.
* Performance-based annual bonuses.
* Advancement opportunities
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.