Analyst II (Default Support)
Who we are:
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is America’s 9th-largest third-party mortgage servicing company. What is mortgage servicing? Businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms) contract with us to manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, including collecting homeowners’ mortgage payments, paying homeowners’ tax and insurance bills, and helping homeowners in default to get current once again.
The individual selected for the job will develop loan modification waterfalls within Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing's (SMS) proprietary loss mitigation application, LMS. This role will also be involved in IT projects to enhance/change LMS. Other responsibilities may include supporting the NPV tool, the letters process and/or developing reports. This individual will need good communication skills to interact with both technical and non-technical business customers, as well as IT. (Note: This is a Business-side position; it is not an IT role.)
- Develop loan modification waterfalls in SMS’s proprietary system, LMS, including requirements gathering and documentation, Visio flowcharting, and rules programming (utilizing an admin tool). Accountable for the quality of assigned waterfalls
- Support end-users of LMS.
- Be an LMS and modification subject matter, answering questions for both business customers and IT staff regarding processes, data, and modification results.
- Have a high degree of familiarity with the system tables used most frequently to support the system and business.
- Frequently create intermediate to advanced level SQL queries.
- Work with IT and internal clients to define specifications for new LMS properties and enhancements.
- Perform initial acceptance testing on newly developed loss mitigation waterfalls as well as LMS system changes/enhancements.
- Create test scripts for newly developed loss mitigation waterfalls and LMS system changes/enhancements.
- Manage daily, weekly, month-end and ad hoc reporting processes, producing reports at scheduled intervals and distributing to business customers.
- 2 or more years professional work experience in a related position.
- Experience developing SQL queries is required.
- Must achieve a score of ‘proficient’ or higher on SQL test.
- Knowledge of relational database structures a plus.
- Intermediate skills in Excel (formulas, pivot table) required.
- Orientation for detail, coupled with organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to focus, respond well to pressure and deadlines, and work well individually and in a team environment.
- Flexible to changing priorities, project scopes, and deadlines.
- Strong business communication skills with an ability to work well in a collaborative environment
- Bachelor’s Degree required (quantitative field preferred)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: job_20190718033825_KZPSAJLY6AYTWIR5