Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of America’s top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The individual selected for the job will participate in projects designed to improve operational performance and deliver excellent client service while assisting our internal operations units. The individual will leverage creative talents, excellent communication, analytic and project management skills to:
Be accountable for a designated group of operational departments or 3rd party clients by identifying and implementing new operational or client based business strategies.
Excel in a team-oriented, collaborative environment while contributing to the creation, design, and implementation of value-add business strategies that affect current operating practices and company policy.
Be accountable for key operational risk-management metrics including investigating and coordinating the resolution of any operational issues that are discovered.
Collect performance metrics for the monthly operational or client review.
Exhibit strong communication and listening skills, focused on conveying new ideas to performance managers and understanding potential obstacles to implementation.
Maintain a working knowledge of existing business processes and reporting.
Retrieve data from the data warehouse structure.
Be able to clearly articulate and present ideas and findings to a varied audience including the operations staff and senior management.
Strong business communication skills with an ability to work well in a collaborative environment.
Strong attention to detail and an ability to multi-task, respond well to pressure and deadlines, and work well individually and in a collaborative environment.
Strong skills in Excel (graphs, pivot tables, formulas).
Fast learner - able to assimilate new ideas and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Prior work experience performing business, data, and/or statistical analysis is a plus.
Experience with PowerPoint, SQL and Visio is a plus.
Natural entrepreneurial interest is a plus.
Bachelor’s Degree in an analytical or quantitative discipline and one year of experience as an analyst in a financial setting (a graduate degree may be considered as contributing towards work experience).
* 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) days and 18 after 1st anniversary!
* 9 Paid Holidays
* Employee Engagement Activities
* Medical (including Health Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account)
* Dental - RX - Vision - Life, Disability Insurance - 401(k) Plan with company match! - Employee Assistance Plan
* Performance-based Incentives
* Pet Insurance
* Advancement Opportunities
* Our Corporate Social Responsibility program, Newrez NOW, empowers employees to become leaders in their communities through a robust program that includes volunteering, philanthropy, nonprofit grants, and more
* 1 Volunteer Time Off (VTO) day, company-paid volunteer day where all eligible employees may participate in a volunteer event with a nonprofit of their choice
* Employee Matching Gifts Program: We will match monetary employee donations to eligible non-profit organizations, dollar-for-dollar, up to $1,000 per employee
* Newrez Grants Program: Newrez hosts a giving portal where we provide employees an abundance of resources to search for an opportunity to donate their time or monetary contributions
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R3387