Application Development Manager
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of America’s top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The Application Development Manager will manage teams of developers responsible for the organization's custom software development functions, spanning custom web development, console applications, system integrations, services, and automation. This position involves evaluating existing applications to determine technical changes, scheduling projects and resources, and monitoring project timelines, as well as mentoring and supporting the team members. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is required. This position requires significant design and development experience involving enterprise application architecture and some experience managing developers.
Oversee teams of software developers and ensure they are reaching their full potential
Technical owner of custom software applications
Meet regularly to discuss project and task assignments with development team
Conduct and participate in architectural oversight and design reviews
Schedule and conduct technical screenings and interviews for staff
Maintain development standards and best practices
Identify tools, techniques, R&D for application development
Hold project review and status meetings
Creation of technical project plan
Break down of work and task assignments
Identify and manage to milestones and dates for deliverables
Mentoring, career development, and performance evaluations for team members
7+ years of experience required
1+ Year of proven leadership/management experience preferred
Experience with Microsoft Azure services, C#, .NET Core, SQL Server, Angular 2+, or similar technologies
Exposure preferred to low code development, Python, Azure DevOps, Katalon, Mulesoft, Salesforce
Degree in a technical field strongly preferred. Experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
* 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) days and 18 after 1st anniversary!
* 8 Paid Holidays
* Employee Engagement Activities
* Medical (including Health Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account)
* Dental - RX - Vision - Life, Disability Insurance - 401(k) Plan with company match! - Employee Assistance Plan
* Tuition-Assistance Programs
* Performance-based Incentives
* Pet Insurance
* Advancement Opportunities
* Our Corporate Social Responsibility program, Newrez NOW, empowers employees to become leaders in their communities through a robust program that includes volunteering, philanthropy, nonprofit grants, and more
* 1 Volunteer Time Off (VTO) day, company-paid volunteer day where all eligible employees may participate in a volunteer event with a nonprofit of their choice
* Employee Matching Gifts Program: We will match monetary employee donations to eligible non-profit organizations, dollar-for-dollar, up to $1,000 per employee
* Newrez Grants Program: Newrez hosts a giving portal where we provide employees an abundance of resources to search for an opportunity to donate their time or monetary contributions
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.