Appraisal Manager (On-site)
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of America’s top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
Under minimal supervision the Appraisal Manager will be responsible for analyzing valuations to determine their reasonableness, defensibility, and to assure they were prepared accurately. In addition, the Appraisal Manager will identify and reconcile value variances and perform internal desktop appraisal and BPO reviews.
- Review appraisal and BPO reports for accuracy and completeness when there is deviation from expected norms or when there are other reasons to be suspicious of the report.
- Perform extensive analysis & market research for appropriate comparables and make adjustments to arrive at an accurate value for the property.
- Complete desktop appraisal reviews which include arriving at a supportable opinion of market value.
- Identify and reconcile variances in value for real property.
- Updates files to ensure that Shellpoint and the investor have a clear understanding of the condition of the collateral.
- Assists in the control of expenses related to the valuation process.
- Arranges for contractual services relating to property appraisals and valuations.
- Assists in managing relationships with and performance of appraisers and vendors.
- Complies with company policies and procedures.
- Contributes to the on-going improvement of the Valuation department through sharing ideas and improvements with the team.
- May mentor more junior team members.
- Performs related duties as assigned by management.
Distinguish the on-site duties with an *. All roles must have a duty that can only be performed onsite.
*These essential functions are fundamental to the role, and must be performed on-site, as they cannot physically be performed remotely. In addition, the Company has determined that an in-person presence is important to critical components of our work, including oversight, training, collaboration, and productivity. Items not marked (*) as essential on-site, may still require partial on-site work to perform the role satisfactorily.
Education and Experience Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent, required.
- Bachelor's degree, preferred.
- 5-7 years valuations or real estate experience.
Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Requirements
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellence in communication via telephone and written communication.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and organizational skill.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and mathematical skills.
- Basic understanding of Mortgage lending and servicing.
- Strong negotiation and follow-up skills, as well as the ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Active appraisal license strongly preferred.
While this description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position’s requirements, it in no way implies/states that these are the only job responsibilities. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and request other duties, as necessary.
By applying to this position candidate acknowledges that this is not a remote role and is required to be on-site.
* 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) days and 18 after 1st anniversary!
* 9 Paid Holidays
* Employee Engagement Activities
* Medical (including Health Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account)
* Dental - RX - Vision - Life, Disability Insurance - 401(k) Plan with company match! - Employee Assistance Plan
* Performance-based Incentives
* Pet Insurance
* Advancement Opportunities
* Our Corporate Social Responsibility program, Newrez NOW, empowers employees to become leaders in their communities through a robust program that includes volunteering, philanthropy, nonprofit grants, and more
* 1 Volunteer Time Off (VTO) day, company-paid volunteer day where all eligible employees may participate in a volunteer event with a nonprofit of their choice
* Employee Matching Gifts Program: We will match monetary employee donations to eligible non-profit organizations, dollar-for-dollar, up to $1,000 per employee
* Newrez Grants Program: Newrez hosts a giving portal where we provide employees an abundance of resources to search for an opportunity to donate their time or monetary contributions
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R5181