Attorney Performance Specialist - Collections
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of America’s top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
Efficiently & effectively pursue non-performing accounts in the legal collections inventory according to company standards.
Preserve the integrity of accounts referred for legal remedies and safeguard the company’s ability to pursue litigation at any time.
Essential Functions/Specific Duties:
Maximize collections for accounts in legal.
Assemble referral packages on accounts for legal placement.
Manage the account through the legal process providing necessary documentation and assistance to the collections firm.
Work with the attorneys to negotiate voluntary repayment plans and/or for subsequent placement with attorney to pursue legal remedies to obtain judgement.
Following up on Non-Performing Judgments
Utilize negotiations to positively impact collections
Manage inbound calls to the Legal department.
Achieve various standards and goals for servicing accounts without sacrificing quality of service, maintain adherence to FDCPA guidelines, and consistently represent the company in a professional manner
Assist with short sale/ home sale, as a backup when needed.
Position responsibilities are governed by Federal SAFE Act qualification standards and/or state licensing, registration or exemption requirements. As a result, the applicant is required to demonstrate financial responsibility, character and general fitness to perform in the role and is subject to additional criminal record restrictions. Employees in this position are subject to on-going credit and background reviews to ensure continued compliance with position responsibilities.
High School education or greater preferred
2 years of experience in the mortgage and collection industries
Credit bureau reporting knowledge and skip tracing experience
Knowledge of collection laws and processes related to mortgages
Motivated, organized and detail oriented
Ability to achieve established monthly goals, meet deadlines, and work in a fast-paced, stressful environment
Persuasive and professional communication skills
Strong numeric aptitude, problem solving and analytical skills
Proficiency in Latitude software, MS Word, and Excel a plus
* 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) days and 18 after 1st anniversary!
* 9 Paid Holidays
* Employee Engagement Activities
* Medical (including Health Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account)
* Dental - RX - Vision - Life, Disability Insurance - 401(k) Plan with company match! - Employee Assistance Plan
* Performance-based Incentives
* Pet Insurance
* Advancement Opportunities
* Our Corporate Social Responsibility program, Newrez NOW, empowers employees to become leaders in their communities through a robust program that includes volunteering, philanthropy, nonprofit grants, and more
* 1 Volunteer Time Off (VTO) day, company-paid volunteer day where all eligible employees may participate in a volunteer event with a nonprofit of their choice
* Employee Matching Gifts Program: We will match monetary employee donations to eligible non-profit organizations, dollar-for-dollar, up to $1,000 per employee
* Newrez Grants Program: Newrez hosts a giving portal where we provide employees an abundance of resources to search for an opportunity to donate their time or monetary contributions
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.