Bankruptcy Case Manager I
Who We Are:
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is America’s 8th-largest third-party mortgage servicing company. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms); on their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios: We collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay homeowners’ tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The Bankruptcy Case Manager I must be organized and detail-oriented to handle bankruptcy accounts. Through analysis, review, and referral, accounts will be statused and monitored to ensure maximum recovery within the parameters of the bankruptcy case.
- Receive, update and review bankruptcy information daily.
- Research accounts using PACER (bankruptcy database), AIS, trustee sites and other outside systems as well as internal systems.
- Prepare and file Proofs of Claim and Transfers of Claim with the bankruptcy courts by scheduled deadline.
- Ensure that pre-and post-petition payment tracking is set up correctly in the ILS system.
- Receive and document all systems as to any bankruptcy correspondence received pertaining to the collateral.
- Monitor accounts for payments in accordance with the bankruptcy plan to include trustee and post-petition payments.
- Contact trustee, debtor’s attorney, or debtor (when appropriate) to facilitate timely pre and post-petition payments.
- Identify any issues that qualify for any legal action to include plan objections, claim objections, motions for relief and adversaries.
- Work closely with the Bankruptcy Litigation and Foreclosure and Loss Mitigation teams to ensure proper treatment of our account in the bankruptcy case.
- Perform discharge reviews to determine any lien release requirements, accounting adjustments, and/or collection restrictions that are appropriate post-bankruptcy.
- Assist on any special projects assigned by management.
- Background in bankruptcy preferred but not required.
- Any legal background would be beneficial.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task in an environment of frequently changing priorities by maintaining a daily work list in addition to special projects.
- Excellent work ethic and exceptional attention to detail.
- Good computer and internet skills
- Associates Degree Preferred
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: job_20190826184637_YHNNWZMOIXCP4B1U