Bankruptcy Case Manager I
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of America’s top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
- Receive, update and review bankruptcy information daily.
- Research accounts using PACER (bankruptcy database), AIS, trustee sites and other outside systems as well as internal systems.
- Prepare and file Proofs of Claim and Transfers of Claim with the bankruptcy courts by scheduled deadline.
- Ensure that pre-and post-petition payment tracking is set up correctly in the ILS system.
- Receive and document all systems as to any bankruptcy correspondence received pertaining to the collateral.
- Monitor accounts for payments in accordance with the bankruptcy plan to include trustee and post-petition payments.
- Contact trustee, debtor’s attorney, or debtor (when appropriate) to facilitate timely pre and post-petition payments.
- Identify any issues that qualify for any legal action to include plan objections, claim objections, motions for relief and adversaries.
- Work closely with the Bankruptcy Litigation and Foreclosure and Loss Mitigation teams to ensure proper treatment of our account in the bankruptcy case.
- Perform discharge reviews to determine any lien release requirements, accounting adjustments, and/or collection restrictions that are appropriate post-bankruptcy.
- Assist on any special projects assigned by management.
- Background in bankruptcy preferred but not required.
- Any legal background would be beneficial.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task in an environment of frequently changing priorities by maintaining a daily work list in addition to special projects.
- Excellent work ethic and exceptional attention to detail.
- Good computer and internet skills
- Associates Degree Preferred
* 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) days and 18 after 1st anniversary!
* 8 Paid Holidays
* Employee Engagement Activities
* Medical (including Health Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account)
* Dental - RX - Vision - Life, Disability Insurance - 401(k) Plan with company match! - Employee Assistance Plan
* Tuition-Assistance Programs
* Performance-based Incentives
* Pet Insurance
* Advancement Opportunities
* Our Corporate Social Responsibility program, Newrez NOW, empowers employees to become leaders in their communities through a robust program that includes volunteering, philanthropy, nonprofit grants, and more
* 1 Volunteer Time Off (VTO) day, company-paid volunteer day where all eligible employees may participate in a volunteer event with a nonprofit of their choice
* Employee Matching Gifts Program: We will match monetary employee donations to eligible non-profit organizations, dollar-for-dollar, up to $1,000 per employee
* Newrez Grants Program: Newrez hosts a giving portal where we provide employees an abundance of resources to search for an opportunity to donate their time or monetary contributions
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.