Bankruptcy Performance Oversight Supervisor
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of America’s top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The Bankruptcy Oversight Performance Supervisor will ensure that the Bankruptcy contractors are running efficiently with regard to processes, procedures and metrics. Directly manages Bankruptcy Representatives/Administrators in project monitoring, performance evaluations, goal setting and all other personnel matters. The Bankruptcy Oversight Performance Supervisor’s functions include tracking and monitoring contractor performance and quality. Ongoing responsibilities will also include direct contact with attorney firms to discuss initiatives, goals, deadlines and firm staff performance. This person will work closely with the Director of the Bankruptcy Division to resolve procedural and systemic issues.
- Manage the contractors and firm staff work queues and ensure that all department SLA’s are met
- Train contractors and firm staff on SMS policies, procedures and systems
- Ensure contractors are working accounts properly pursuant to SMS policies and compliant with bankruptcy regulations
- Identify any issues that qualify for any legal action to include plan objections, claim objections, motions for relief and adversaries
- Perform quality audits on select bankruptcy processes providing feedback on errors to management and guidance to the contractors and firms for correction
- Identify root cause issues for process gaps and work with bankruptcy management staff to rectify and correct
- Problem solving skills and ability to analyze reports to identify trends and areas of opportunity
- Provide oversight in staff allocation to achieve department goals and maintain timely filings
- Provide regular updates to the Director and Vice President on work volumes and performance measurements
- Assist on any special projects assigned by management.
- Minimum of 5+ years of bankruptcy related experience
- Minimum of 3+ years of related experience combined with leadership/management experience
- Understanding of collections, loss mitigation, foreclosure, bankruptcy and REO experience desired
- Strong organizational and management skills
- Advanced communication skills
- Ability to motivate and mentor
- Self-Motivated with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong attention to detail a must
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred or extensive industry and related experience
* Three weeks’ PTO (paid time off) for vacation and sick days.
* Paid holidays.
* Medical, dental, vision, life, and pet insurance.
* Short- and long-term disability insurance.
* Adoption- and tuition-assistance programs.
* 401k matching program.
* Performance-based annual bonuses.
* Advancement opportunities
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.