Bilingual Customer Service Representative (PM)
Do you enjoy providing excellent service and building strong customer relationships? We need energetic and caring telephone professionals to join our Customer Service team. If selected, you’ll work in a fast-paced environment, handling incoming calls from homeowners across the country. You’ll create a positive customer experience for every caller by identifying their needs, answering their questions, and helping resolve their issues. We are a growing company who likes to reward our top performers with advancement opportunities, a lucrative bonus structure, and even possible work from home privileges. We’re looking for friendly, outgoing, well-spoken people who are service-minded, reliable, and flexible.
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is America’s 9th-largest third-party mortgage servicing company. What is mortgage servicing? Businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms) contract with us to manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, including collecting homeowners’ mortgage payments, paying homeowners’ tax and insurance bills, and helping homeowners in default to get current once again.
Duties & responsibilities
- Answering inquiries from customers regarding their home loans
- Provide solutions to questions that satisfies both our customers and Shellpoint
- Identifying customer needs and providing information that meets the homeowner’s expectations
- Provides ‘best in class’ customer service during every interaction with our homeowners
- Maintaining set performance goals
- Researching and fulfilling requests from callers
- Completing transactions initiated by customer
- Participate in continuous training to ensure you are updated on policies and procedures
- Represent Shellpoint in a positive and professional manner
Skills & abilities
- 1+ year(s) direct customer service experience
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with a diverse team
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to identify process gaps and trends
- Preferred knowledge of using OnBase
- Flexibility concerning job functions and scheduling
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Ability to use cognitive skills to determine resolutions to customer inquiries
- Excellent work ethic and integrity
- Detail-oriented, analytical, and extremely organized
- Ability to work individually with minimal supervision
- Computer proficient with various MS Office applications and efficient typing skills
- Must become Company certified in compliance with the FDPCA
- Bilingual fluency in Spanish and English preferred
Education & experience
- High-school diploma (or equivalent).
- Over 1 year of inbound/outbound call-center experience (or any related customer-service experience) preferred.
- Monday-Friday, we have positions (11 a.m. to 8 p.m.) and (12 p.m. to 9 p.m.).
- Weekend work is on a rotational basis.
- Saturday hours are (8 a.m. to 3 p.m.) and the last Sunday of each month (4 p.m. to 9 p.m.).
- Advancement opportunities.
- A lucrative bonus structure.
- Opportunity to earn work from home privileges.
- Three weeks’ PTO (paid time off).
- Paid holidays.
- Evening/night positions include a shift premium.
- Bilingual pay premium
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and pet insurance.
- Short- and long-term disability insurance.
- Convenient, company-paid downtown parking.
- Adoption- and tuition-assistance programs.
- 401k matching program.
Physical Demands/Work Environment/Disclaimer
Must be able to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time. Must be able to effectively access/operate and interpret information on computer screens, documents, and reports. Must be able to effectively communicate with all homeowners. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.