Business Analyst - Default Systems & Support (On - Site)
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of America’s top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The Business Analyst - Default Systems & Support will play a key role in the support of various department in default, including Foreclosure, Bankruptcy, Property Preservation, and Post-Foreclosure. The Business Analyst- Default Systems & Support’s primary objective is to optimize the utilization of key business workflow software such as Black Knight LoanSphere, Tableau, and other various workflow systems. The Business Analyst- Default Systems & Support will analyze system configuration and existing business rules, gather requirements from the business unit, and design and help implement solutions including workflow changes and automation. They will have strong organizational and problem-solving skills as well as the ability to clearly communicate technical items with both technical and non-technical team members.
- Collaborate with the business unit, IT business partners, other internal departments, and external firms to optimize system utilization.
- Create reports and assist the business units with ad hoc data.
- Proactively analyze and identify system enhancements to streamline workflow processes and improve efficiencies.
- Manage a project list, analyze appropriate prioritization based on cost benefit analysis, and conduct prioritization meetings with business unit management team.
- Create and clearly communicate detailed technical requirements to IT partners as well as to non-technical team members and management.
- Development of process flows, job aids, and procedures relative to foreclosure, bankruptcy, property preservation, and post-foreclosure processes.
- Act as a subject matter expert for system troubleshooting and running and creating oversight reporting as well as implementing system enhancements Performs additional projects and duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Create, manage, and oversee ongoing enhancements of automation relative to default workflows systems.
- Performs related duties as assigned by management.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in technical, quantitative, or analytical discipline preferred.
- 1+ years’ experience in mortgage or default servicing preferred.
Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Requirements
- Demonstrated analytical and business communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to multi-task, respond well to pressure and deadlines, and work well individually and in a collaborative environment.
- Strong skills in Excel (charts, formulas, pivots) or other data manipulation software
- 1+ years of experience with Microsoft SQL
- Fast learner - able to assimilate new ideas and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with Tableau is a plus.
- Prior work experience with BlackKnight LoanSphere is a plus.
- Python programming experience preferred.
- Visio and process documentation experience preferred.
While this description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position’s requirements, it in no way implies/states that these are the only job responsibilities. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and request other duties, as necessary.
* 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) days and 18 after 1st anniversary!
* 9 Paid Holidays
* Employee Engagement Activities
* Medical (including Health Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account)
* Dental - RX - Vision - Life, Disability Insurance - 401(k) Plan with company match! - Employee Assistance Plan
* Performance-based Incentives
* Pet Insurance
* Advancement Opportunities
* Our Corporate Social Responsibility program, Newrez NOW, empowers employees to become leaders in their communities through a robust program that includes volunteering, philanthropy, nonprofit grants, and more
* 1 Volunteer Time Off (VTO) day, company-paid volunteer day where all eligible employees may participate in a volunteer event with a nonprofit of their choice
* Employee Matching Gifts Program: We will match monetary employee donations to eligible non-profit organizations, dollar-for-dollar, up to $1,000 per employee
* Newrez Grants Program: Newrez hosts a giving portal where we provide employees an abundance of resources to search for an opportunity to donate their time or monetary contributions
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.