Business Analyst - Legal Services
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of America’s top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The individual selected for this position will play a key role in the Legal Services department, primarily optimizing utilization of key business workflow software such as Black Knight LoanSphere. The individual will analyze system configuration and existing business rules, gather requirements from the business unit, and design and help implement solutions. The individual will have strong organizational and problem-solving skills as well as the ability to clearly communicate technical items with both technical and non-technical team members.
Learn Black Knight LoanSphere, how it is used within the business, and best practices from external partners
Collaborate with the business unit, IT business partners, other internal departments, and external firms to optimize system utilization
Proactively analyze and identify system enhancements to streamline workflow processes and improve efficiencies
Conduct gap analysis to create road map for system changes
Manage a project list, analyze appropriate prioritization based on cost benefit analysis, and conduct prioritization meetings with business unit management team
Create and clearly communicate detailed technical requirements to IT partners as well as to non-technical team members and management
Act as a subject matter expert for system troubleshooting and running and creating oversight reporting as well as personally implementing certain limited system enhancements
Demonstrated analytical and business communication skills
Strong attention to detail and an ability to multi-task, respond well to pressure and deadlines, and work well individually and in a collaborative environment
Strong skills in Excel (charts, formulas, pivots) or other data manipulation software
Fast learner - able to assimilate new ideas and thrive in a fast-paced environment
Prior work experience with BlackKnight LoanSphere is a plus
Prior mortgage servicing and foreclosure or bankruptcy experience is a plus
Bachelor’s Degree in a technical, quantitative, or analytical discipline
Or, Bachelor’s Degree in another field and work experience or advanced coursework demonstrating technical and analytical ability
* 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) days and 18 after 1st anniversary!
* 9 Paid Holidays
* Employee Engagement Activities
* Medical (including Health Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account)
* Dental - RX - Vision - Life, Disability Insurance - 401(k) Plan with company match! - Employee Assistance Plan
* Performance-based Incentives
* Pet Insurance
* Advancement Opportunities
* Our Corporate Social Responsibility program, Newrez NOW, empowers employees to become leaders in their communities through a robust program that includes volunteering, philanthropy, nonprofit grants, and more
* 1 Volunteer Time Off (VTO) day, company-paid volunteer day where all eligible employees may participate in a volunteer event with a nonprofit of their choice
* Employee Matching Gifts Program: We will match monetary employee donations to eligible non-profit organizations, dollar-for-dollar, up to $1,000 per employee
* Newrez Grants Program: Newrez hosts a giving portal where we provide employees an abundance of resources to search for an opportunity to donate their time or monetary contributions
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.