Business Solutions Manager
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of America’s top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The Business Solutions Manager (BSM) works closely with business leadership to define, manage, and complete IT projects in alignment with business objectives and initiatives. The position blends together the traditional roles of Business Analyst, Project Manager and Product Owner. The BSM serves as an advocate for the business within IT through proactive identification of business needs, understanding the value, prioritizing the efforts within IT and ensuring successful delivery of the resulting solutions & ongoing support. Successful individuals will possess both technical and soft skills, to include (1) a basic understanding of software development practices & principles, (2) the ability and desire to develop a thorough understanding of business operations, pain-points, & strategic plans, and (3) excellent verbal and written communication skills. BSM’s are expected to become experts in their assigned business area(s) and to develop enduring relationships at all levels in the organization. They should be results oriented professionals with a proven ability to overcome challenges in varied situations; they should be creative and energetic thought leaders with a passion for excellence and a deep understanding of how well-managed technology can help an organization meet its objectives.
- Actively elicit & communicate business requirements using interviews, process documentation, brainstorming sessions, surveys, site visits, and/or workflow analysis.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Define and write user stories to represent business requirements, using the INVEST principle.
- Deliver the following artifacts as needed to support comprehensive understanding: functional requirements, process flow diagrams, screen mockups, and data flow diagrams.
- Collaborate with developers and IT subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between factors such as cost, time to deliver, usability, system performance, and scalability.
- Serve as the conduit between the user community (internal and external customers) and the software development team through which requirements flow.
- Proactively communicate with external customers and internal business partners, and successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Drive and challenge business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans.
- Within the role of Project and Product Manager, the individual will:
- Plan and execute projects according to agile methodologies.
- Be the liaison between the business units, technology teams and support teams, and ensure the successful delivery of IT solutions.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the business model, operational processes, and key performance indicators.
- Work closely with business leadership to perform ROI analysis and prioritize IT initiatives.
- Define project scope, goals, deliverables, budget, and actively manage risk.
- Develop project plans and coordinate resources to ensure that the project is successfully completed within defined constraints.
- 5-7 years of related experience as a Business Analyst or similar position, preferably at mortgage servicing company.
- Experience managing IT projects, preferably using scrum or other agile development methodologies.
- Strong analytical and product management skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into requirements.
- Data analysis skills and a working knowledge of SQL.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Ability to work independently.
- Willingness to travel as needed for business initiatives: typically, 2-4 nights per month.
- College or university degree in the field of Computer Science/engineering, Information Technology, Analytics, mathematics, physics, or a related STEM field
* 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) days and 18 after 1st anniversary!
* 8 Paid Holidays
* Employee Engagement Activities
* Medical (including Health Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account)
* Dental - RX - Vision - Life, Disability Insurance - 401(k) Plan with company match! - Employee Assistance Plan
* Tuition-Assistance Programs
* Performance-based Incentives
* Pet Insurance
* Advancement Opportunities
* Our Corporate Social Responsibility program, Newrez NOW, empowers employees to become leaders in their communities through a robust program that includes volunteering, philanthropy, nonprofit grants, and more
* 1 Volunteer Time Off (VTO) day, company-paid volunteer day where all eligible employees may participate in a volunteer event with a nonprofit of their choice
* Employee Matching Gifts Program: We will match monetary employee donations to eligible non-profit organizations, dollar-for-dollar, up to $1,000 per employee
* Newrez Grants Program: Newrez hosts a giving portal where we provide employees an abundance of resources to search for an opportunity to donate their time or monetary contributions
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.