Cash Control Specialist
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of America’s top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The Cash Control Specialist I is responsible for a number of cash processing-related responsibilities. Daily tasks may include posting payments, processing payoffs, liquidations, processing returned payments, loan level disbursements, working with ACH, and other various tasks and/or duties as assigned.
General payment processing responsibilities in a fast-paced environment, where multi-tasking and accuracy is key to ongoing success.
Manual mail opening, check and suspense funds posting with accuracy.
Daily processing and reconciliation of Cash Operations letters.
Process daily set-up, cancellations, and changes to Automated Clearing House (ACH) payments.
Process payment posting transactions, reversals, and reapplication based on policy and procedures.
Daily processing of return checks, bank adjustments, and encoding errors.
Processing loan level disbursements.
Performs related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education and Experience Requirements
High School Diploma or equivalent required.
1+ years of previous Banking, Accounts Payable, or Accounts Receivable experience.
Experience with MSP or similar mortgage servicing systems is desired.
1+ years of experience in a lending environment is desired.
Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Requirements
Current, working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
Ability to accurately 10-key by touch with at least 10,000 KPH.
Available to work over-time as requested and required by business need and communicated by your manager.
Lifting up to 25 pounds may be required
While this description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position’s requirements, it in no way implies/states that these are the only job responsibilities. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and request other duties, as necessary.
* 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) days and 18 after 1st anniversary!
* 9 Paid Holidays
* Employee Engagement Activities
* Medical (including Health Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account)
* Dental - RX - Vision - Life, Disability Insurance - 401(k) Plan with company match! - Employee Assistance Plan
* Performance-based Incentives
* Pet Insurance
* Advancement Opportunities
* Our Corporate Social Responsibility program, Newrez NOW, empowers employees to become leaders in their communities through a robust program that includes volunteering, philanthropy, nonprofit grants, and more
* 1 Volunteer Time Off (VTO) day, company-paid volunteer day where all eligible employees may participate in a volunteer event with a nonprofit of their choice
* Employee Matching Gifts Program: We will match monetary employee donations to eligible non-profit organizations, dollar-for-dollar, up to $1,000 per employee
* Newrez Grants Program: Newrez hosts a giving portal where we provide employees an abundance of resources to search for an opportunity to donate their time or monetary contributions
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.