Cash Operations Manager
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of America’s top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The Cash Operations team processes loan level financial transactions on mortgages. The Cash Operations Manager is responsible for overseeing team that processes payments, liquidations, disbursements, charge off’s and write off’s in accordance with CFPB guidelines, federal and state laws and company policy.
Responsible for leading and developing assigned team members. Performing evaluations of performance and development plans to ensure employee retention.
Establish and maintain working relationships with business partners to streamline and improve cross dependent processes.
Establish and document policies and procedures that support the company and departmental standards, procedures and strategic directives.
Drive progress and manage audits and projects to ensure timely completion.
Examine and correct outages timely and accurately.
Compile monthly details reports of Cash metrics.
Manage vendor relationships.
Troubleshoot and resolve issues that may arise, escalating when necessary.
Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in management, finance or accounting preferred
5+ years directly related experience
Must have excellent customer service skills and ability to complete tasks within a deadline
Experience leading or supervising others
Mortgage servicing experience preferred
Requires analytical, quantitative and problem solving skills, and the ability to complete complex projects with minimal supervision.
Proficiency utilizing Excel
Strong Interpersonal communication skills are required, with the ability to communicate with C-level management
* 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) days and 18 after 1st anniversary!
* 9 Paid Holidays
* Employee Engagement Activities
* Medical (including Health Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account)
* Dental - RX - Vision - Life, Disability Insurance - 401(k) Plan with company match! - Employee Assistance Plan
* Performance-based Incentives
* Pet Insurance
* Advancement Opportunities
* Our Corporate Social Responsibility program, Newrez NOW, empowers employees to become leaders in their communities through a robust program that includes volunteering, philanthropy, nonprofit grants, and more
* 1 Volunteer Time Off (VTO) day, company-paid volunteer day where all eligible employees may participate in a volunteer event with a nonprofit of their choice
* Employee Matching Gifts Program: We will match monetary employee donations to eligible non-profit organizations, dollar-for-dollar, up to $1,000 per employee
* Newrez Grants Program: Newrez hosts a giving portal where we provide employees an abundance of resources to search for an opportunity to donate their time or monetary contributions
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.