Collateral Management Coordinator (On-site)
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of America’s top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
This position is responsible for working with third-party clients to manage their collateral during various stages of the secondary marketing process. This individual must work within very tight timeframes to coordinate the transfer and review of collateral between Document Custodians on behalf of Depositors, Underwriters, Primary Servicers, Purchasers, and other third parties to ensure all collateral files are available for transfer into a new securitization or to a new owner. This individual will be responsible to direct Primary Servicers to create Bailees and LNAs when necessary and to clear other collateral exceptions received from the Custodian within specific timeframes.
They will oversee Primary Servicers and act as escalation in the resolution of post-closing exceptions such as missing title, assignments, and endorsements. Additional responsibilities include scheduling and driving "check-in" meetings with Primary Servicers to ensure their assigned exceptions are being worked and to discuss any obstacles they may incur. They will also be responsible for providing tracking reports to management and the client(s) on multiple simultaneous collateral projects to include project name, type, Primary Servicer, exception reason, issues in resolution, aging, and escalation.
- Coordinate workflows between multiple parties including but not limited to various Document Custodians, loan sellers and buyers, financing entities, securitization underwriters and attorneys, multiple Primary Servicers, and vendors.
- Manage multiple projects in various stages of resolution to optimize timeliness of completion.
- Obtain Document Custodian reports, review reports for missing and pending loan files and missing collateral documents, work with various Primary Servicers to move loan files or provide appropriate Bailees, search Primary Servicer imaging or request missing documents from the Primary Servicer, and ensure document custodians issue Trust Receipts or Initial Certifications timely.
- Identify initial Document Custodians for any loans being acquired, sold, or securitized by third-party client and work with the Custodians to transfer collateral, check in, and review the collateral resulting in the Custodian issuing the Trust Receipts and Initial Certification prior to financing, securitization, sale, or acquisition of the underlying loans.
- Direct Primary Servicers to provide Bailees or LNA to resolve missing loan files or Notes at the document custodian prior to securitization or loan sale.
- Identify collateral deficiencies post-closing of a loan sale or securitization, that need to be cleared within timelines found within the transaction documents.
- Monitor a vendor or Primary Servicer who processes assignments of mortgage by reviewing the chain of title and custody, determining signing authority based on internal matrixes, executing, and notarizing the assignments, and sending them out for recording.
- Work with title companies to reissue final title policies when the final policy cannot be located, and all other options are exhausted.
- Provide tracking to management and clients for multiple simultaneous collateral projects to include project name, type, Primary Servicer, exception reason, issues in resolution, aging, and escalation.
- Research and respond to complex collateral issues within tight timeframes.
- Encourage initiatives to improve process efficiencies and reduce costs to complete assignments.
- Performs related duties as assigned by management.
Education and Experience Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent, required.
- 5+ years mortgage underwriting or servicing experience with collateral documents.
Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Requirements
- Working knowledge and proficiency on all Microsoft Office products (especially Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Must understand the documents in a collateral file and how to create or recreate the missing or incorrect document as needed.
- Ability to address challenging issues while remaining objective and independent.
- Extremely detail oriented, must ensure documentation execution is accurately completed.
- Proven ability to take a project from start to finish.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once while staying organized, detail-oriented and diligent without sacrificing quality.
- Effective communication skills - ability to articulate verbally and in writing, plans, processes, policies, and issues to stakeholders.
While this description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position’s requirements, it in no way implies/states that these are the only job responsibilities. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and request other duties, as necessary.
By applying to this position candidate acknowledges that this is not a remote role and is required to be on-site.
* 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) days and 18 after 1st anniversary!
* 9 Paid Holidays
* Employee Engagement Activities
* Medical (including Health Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account)
* Dental - RX - Vision - Life, Disability Insurance - 401(k) Plan with company match! - Employee Assistance Plan
* Performance-based Incentives
* Pet Insurance
* Advancement Opportunities
* Our Corporate Social Responsibility program, Newrez NOW, empowers employees to become leaders in their communities through a robust program that includes volunteering, philanthropy, nonprofit grants, and more
* 1 Volunteer Time Off (VTO) day, company-paid volunteer day where all eligible employees may participate in a volunteer event with a nonprofit of their choice
* Employee Matching Gifts Program: We will match monetary employee donations to eligible non-profit organizations, dollar-for-dollar, up to $1,000 per employee
* Newrez Grants Program: Newrez hosts a giving portal where we provide employees an abundance of resources to search for an opportunity to donate their time or monetary contributions
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.