Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is America’s 9th-largest third-party mortgage servicing company. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms); on their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios: We collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay homeowners’ tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
Monday-Friday, 8:00 am- 5:00 pm (various late days as needed)
Directly assists the Director in the daily operations and makes sure the assets under their leadership perform to acceptable levels set forth by upper management.
- Provide guidance and leadership for supervisors, team leaders and team members company-wide.
- Directly manage Performing Collections (current to 60 DPD)
- Develop, lead, and mentor all team members and supervisors to reinforce skills and increase department effectiveness.
- Review daily production and performance results and address successes and failures.
- Set daily and monthly goals for teams and for the individual team members.
- Manage the performing loan delinquency, roll rates and collection efforts to achieve desired results set forth by management
- Assist in developing and managing dialer campaigns tailored to the characteristics of each portfolio.
- Track results of work efforts to assure desired levels of production and efficiency are achieved.
- Adjust strategies where required to account for delinquency trending and/or for new portfolio acquisition.
- Monitor account levels and determine when additional employees are needed to meet appropriate goals.
- Manage fixed and variable collection costs. Interview and hire potential team leader and supervisor collection candidates.
- Assist in streamlining processes to improve efficiencies across the company.
- Maintain roll rates as designated by client
- Develop and ensure team members are following QA guidelines as required by regulatory agencies.
- Monitor any payment methods (including ACH, biweekly etc) to ensure payments are posting correctly.
- 5+ years’ experience in collections, finance, or related industry with 5 years of direct employee supervisory experience.
- General management skills required including strong organizational, communication, and leadership skills, preferably in a production environment.
- Experience in a call center environment, inbound and outbound preferred.
- Ability to train and motivate employees.
- Strong excel and computer related skills required.
- Able to work with deadlines and complete projects on time.
- Strong conflict resolution skills.
- Proficiency in data management.
- Familiarity with the compliance requirements of FDCPA.
- Moderate analytical skills.
High school graduate, college degree preferred but not required
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: job_20190926215121_XCXFTE97VBSWOAXU