Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is America’s 9th-largest third-party mortgage servicing company. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms); on their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios: We collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay homeowners’ tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
Directly assists the Director in the daily operations and makes sure the assets under their leadership perform to acceptable levels set forth by upper management.
- Provide guidance and leadership for supervisors, team leaders and team members company-wide.
- Directly manage Performing Collections (current to 60 DPD)
- Develop, lead, and mentor all team members and supervisors to reinforce skills and increase department effectiveness.
- Review daily production and performance results and address successes and failures.
- Set daily and monthly goals for teams and for the individual team members.
- Manage the performing loan delinquency, roll rates and collection efforts to achieve desired results set forth by management
- Assist in developing and managing dialer campaigns tailored to the characteristics of each portfolio.
- Track results of work efforts to assure desired levels of production and efficiency are achieved.
- Adjust strategies where required to account for delinquency trending and/or for new portfolio acquisition.
- Monitor account levels and determine when additional employees are needed to meet appropriate goals.
- Manage fixed and variable collection costs. Interview and hire potential team leader and supervisor collection candidates.
- Assist in streamlining processes to improve efficiencies across the company.
- Maintain roll rates as designated by client
- Develop and ensure team members are following QA guidelines as required by regulatory agencies.
- Monitor any payment methods (including ACH, biweekly etc) to ensure payments are posting correctly.
- 5+ years’ experience in collections, finance, or related industry with 5 years of direct employee supervisory experience.
- General management skills required including strong organizational, communication, and leadership skills, preferably in a production environment.
- Experience in a call center environment, inbound and outbound preferred.
- Ability to train and motivate employees.
- Strong excel and computer related skills required.
- Able to work with deadlines and complete projects on time.
- Strong conflict resolution skills.
- Proficiency in data management.
- Familiarity with the compliance requirements of FDCPA.
- Moderate analytical skills.
- High school graduate, college degree preferred but not required
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: job_20191112184534_CKCUX7PUT8MK9RRC