Do you enjoy negotiating, solving problems, and providing excellent customer service? We need enthusiastic and success-driven telephone professionals to join our Collections team. If selected, you’ll work in our fast-paced call center, locating and contacting homeowners across the country to collect past-due mortgage payments. You’ll create a positive customer experience for every homeowner by identifying their issues and developing practical payment solutions that help them get current in their mortgage payments. We are a growing company who likes to reward our top performers with advancement opportunities and a lucrative bonus structure. We’re looking for assertive and well-spoken yet compassionate negotiators who are dependable, service-minded, and results-oriented.
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is America’s 9th-largest third-party mortgage servicing company. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms); on their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios: We collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay homeowners’ tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
Duties & responsibilities
- The successful candidate will:
- Demonstrate positivity, courtesy, and helpfulness when dealing with every homeowner.
- Use a blend of manual and automated calling strategies to locate delinquent homeowners, contact them, identify their issues, and set up customized payment strategies that cure their delinquencies.
- Develop workable payment solutions that satisfy both our clients/investors and our company.
- Contact homeowners more frequently as their delinquency increases.
- Process homeowners’ mortgage payments.
- Arrive at work on-time for all shifts. Reliable transportation to work
- Achieve company performance goals.
- Take part in continuous, on-site, free training in company policies/procedures and industry regulations.
- Consistently represent SMS in a positive and professional manner.
Skills & abilities
- The successful candidate needs:
- English fluency.
- Outstanding negotiation and telephone communication skills.
- Familiarity with Internet-based search techniques (including the use of skip-tracing solutions).
- The ability to maintain professional conduct with people of any mood or personality type.
- Excellent reasoning and research skills; the ability to see the "big picture" and manage the details.
- The ability to safeguard confidential customer and company information.
- A solid work ethic, high integrity, a positive attitude, and strong attention to detail.
- The ability to follow instructions but work with minimal direct supervision.
- Excellent keyboard skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows-based computers and Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Spanish or bilingual is a plus.
Education & experience
- College degree preferred, High-school diploma (or equivalent) required.
- Over 1 year of collections experience (preferred, but not required).
- Familiarity with lending-related terminology and processes (preferred, but not required).
- Monday-Friday, we have the following positions:
- 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Noon to 9 p.m. (Houston only)
- 2pm-11pm (Houston only)
- 3 p.m. to midnight (Greenville only)
- We are also open every Saturday (8 a.m. to 3 p.m.) and the last Sunday of each month (4 p.m. to 9 p.m.); some weekend work is required. - Saturday shifts are 4 hours in length and assigned on a rotational basis.
- Evening/night positions include a shift premium.
- Weekend workers may get a half-day off during the week.
- Overtime may be available.
- Advancement opportunities.
- Lucrative, fixed bonuses
- Three weeks’ PTO (paid time off)
- Paid holidays.
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and pet insurance.
- Short- and long-term disability insurance.
- Convenient, company-paid downtown parking.
- Adoption- and tuition-assistance programs.
- 401k matching program.
Physical Demands/Work Environment/Disclaimer
Must be able to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time. Must be able to effectively access/operate and interpret information on computer screens, documents, and reports. Must be able to effectively communicate with all homeowners. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: job_20190718034338_QV7C2LOXLK2NH6JP