Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of America’s top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
Do you enjoy negotiating, solving problems, and providing excellent customer service? We need enthusiastic and success-driven telephone professionals to join our Collections team. If selected, you’ll work in our fast-paced call center, locating and contacting homeowners across the country to collect past-due mortgage payments. You’ll create a positive customer experience for every homeowner by identifying their issues and developing practical payment solutions that help them get current in their mortgage payments. We are a growing company who likes to reward our top performers with advancement opportunities and a lucrative bonus structure. We’re looking for assertive and well-spoken yet compassionate negotiators who are dependable, service-minded, and results-oriented.
Duties & responsibilities
The successful candidate will:
Demonstrate positivity, courtesy, and helpfulness when dealing with every homeowner.
Use a blend of manual and automated calling strategies to locate delinquent homeowners, contact them, identify their issues, and set up customized payment strategies that cure their delinquencies.
Develop workable payment solutions that satisfy both our clients/investors and our company.
Contact homeowners more frequently as their delinquency increases.
Process homeowners’ mortgage payments.
Arrive at work on-time for all shifts. Reliable transportation to work
Achieve company performance goals.
Take part in continuous, on-site, free training in company policies/procedures and industry regulations.
Consistently represent SMS in a positive and professional manner.
Skills & abilities
The successful candidate needs:
Outstanding negotiation and telephone communication skills.
Familiarity with Internet-based search techniques (including the use of skip-tracing solutions).
The ability to maintain professional conduct with people of any mood or personality type.
Excellent reasoning and research skills; the ability to see the "big picture" and manage the details.
The ability to safeguard confidential customer and company information.
A solid work ethic, high integrity, a positive attitude, and strong attention to detail.
The ability to follow instructions but work with minimal direct supervision.
Excellent keyboard skills.
Proficiency with Microsoft Windows-based computers and Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
Spanish or bilingual is a plus.
Education & experience
College degree preferred, High-school diploma (or equivalent) required.
Over 1 year of collections experience (preferred, but not required).
Familiarity with lending-related terminology and processes (preferred, but not required).
* 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) days and 18 after 1st anniversary!
* 8 Paid Holidays
* Employee Engagement Activities
* Medical (including Health Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account)
* Dental - RX - Vision - Life, Disability Insurance - 401(k) Plan with company match! - Employee Assistance Plan
* Tuition-Assistance Programs
* Performance-based Incentives
* Pet Insurance
* Advancement Opportunities
* Our Corporate Social Responsibility program, Newrez NOW, empowers employees to become leaders in their communities through a robust program that includes volunteering, philanthropy, nonprofit grants, and more
* 1 Volunteer Time Off (VTO) day, company-paid volunteer day where all eligible employees may participate in a volunteer event with a nonprofit of their choice
* Employee Matching Gifts Program: We will match monetary employee donations to eligible non-profit organizations, dollar-for-dollar, up to $1,000 per employee
* Newrez Grants Program: Newrez hosts a giving portal where we provide employees an abundance of resources to search for an opportunity to donate their time or monetary contributions
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.