Collections Specialist - Late Stage
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is America’s 9th-largest third-party mortgage servicing company. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms); on their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios: We collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay homeowners’ tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
- Pursue solutions to resolve post charge-off and deficiency balance accounts.
- Build and cultivate relationships with the borrowers to help them find ways to make meeting their obligations possible according to the company’s standard.
- Meet and exceed assigned Key Performance Indicators such as; collections goal, time on phone, talk time and new unit payers.
Essential Functions/Specific Duties
- Manage your individual portfolio.
- Re-establish and maintain communication with customers to minimize company loss.
- Negotiate payoffs, settlements and payment programs according to company guidelines.
- Utilize all available skip tracing tools to locate our borrowers whose current contact information is inaccurate.
- Achieve various numeric standards and goals for servicing accounts without sacrificing quality of service while adhering to state and federal (FDCPA/CFPB) guidelines and consistently representing the Company in a professional manner.
- Position responsibilities are governed by Federal SAFE Act qualification standards and/or state licensing, registration or exemption requirements. As a result, the applicant is required to demonstrate financial responsibility, character and general fitness to perform in the role and is subject to additional criminal record restrictions. Employees in this position are subject to on-going credit and background reviews to ensure continued compliance with position responsibilities.
- Education: High School education or greater preferred.
- Experience: 2+ years collection experience required, preferably with post charge off and/or deficiency balance collections experience a plus.
- Skills: Ability to achieve set goals, meets deadlines, and work in a fast-paced, stressful environment
- Knowledge of collection laws and processes
- Persuasive and professional communication skills
- Strong numeric aptitude, problem solving and analytical skills
- Detailed self-starter who is motivated and organized
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule, which can include evenings and occasional weekends.
Conditions of Work:
- Ability to remain on the phone for long periods of time
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Use of a computer for long periods of time, including typing and viewing monitor
- No travel
- Limited overtime as required
While this description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position’s requirements, it in no way implies/states that these are the only job responsibilities. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and request other duties as necessary.