Commercial Loan Consultant(AM Shift)
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of America’s top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
A Commercial Loan Consultant is a seasoned collector who is responsible for all collections and loss mitigation work outs on new and existing portfolios in order to maximize recovery and disposition loans to the appropriate work out strategy.?
Receive and review loan information
Contact borrowers in order to cure delinquency, setup payment arrangements and/or settle accounts through the use of manual calls, an automated dialer, and by utilizing the LM worklist.
Identify and recommend optimal workout strategies based on individual borrower circumstances
Identify and recommend assistance strategies as necessary
Increase frequency of borrower contact based on days since last payment
Collect documents and information related to rehab progress, and maintenance improvement requests
Collect documents needed for Loss mitigation options.
Work Loss Mitigation processes as a SPOC to assist with getting borrowers to the correct workout based on client direction and individual borrower circumstances.
Work the shared Commercial team email boxes for Loan servicing, general inquiries, and payoff requests.
Work the Commercial team Voicemail for return calls.
Experience in collections required
Familiarity with maneuvering around the Internet through various skip tracing sites
Familiarity with loan terminology, rights, and processes
Excellent work ethic, high productivity, and attention to detail
Superior verbal communication and negotiation skills
Flexibility to work weekends required
Must take the writing assessment provided
Ability to multitask is required
Superior typing and computer skills required
Monthly bonuses payouts
Additional incentives based on business needs
High school graduate, college degree preferred but not required
* 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) days and 18 after 1st anniversary!
* 9 Paid Holidays
* Employee Engagement Activities
* Medical (including Health Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account)
* Dental - RX - Vision - Life, Disability Insurance - 401(k) Plan with company match! - Employee Assistance Plan
* Performance-based Incentives
* Pet Insurance
* Advancement Opportunities
* Our Corporate Social Responsibility program, Newrez NOW, empowers employees to become leaders in their communities through a robust program that includes volunteering, philanthropy, nonprofit grants, and more
* 1 Volunteer Time Off (VTO) day, company-paid volunteer day where all eligible employees may participate in a volunteer event with a nonprofit of their choice
* Employee Matching Gifts Program: We will match monetary employee donations to eligible non-profit organizations, dollar-for-dollar, up to $1,000 per employee
* Newrez Grants Program: Newrez hosts a giving portal where we provide employees an abundance of resources to search for an opportunity to donate their time or monetary contributions
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.