Contested Foreclosure Specialist (On-site)
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of America’s top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The Contested Foreclosure Specialist I will provide support to the Foreclosure Department with litigation related matters associated with foreclosure accounts.? Through analysis, review and authorization, litigation-related accounts will be monitored, and support given to outside counsel to efficiently manage the foreclosure litigation and ensure maximum recovery with the court system. Travel may be required.
- Manage cases within the foreclosure litigation inventory as assigned by Supervisor.
- Process all requests by assigned attorneys (by e-mail or telephone) for media issues, settlement authority, check requests, etc. to bring a suit to resolution.
- Process all discovery, complaint and counterclaim actions as assigned. This would include potentially executing documents.
- Provide support to Supervisor and legal department with assigned cases.
- Provide information support to the legal recovery efforts.
- Identify and escalate to Supervisor any issues that cause liability or are above authority level.
- Identify and escalate to Supervisor any trends that could become problematic in future suits.
- Assist on any special projects assigned by management.
- Accept special tasks as necessary and assume responsibility for successfully achieving objectives.
- Potential to testify at deposition/trial in person, via phone, or Zoom.
- Performs related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education and Experience Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 3+ years direct foreclosure experience required
Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Requirements
- Prior experience in supporting litigation cases preferred.
- Must have strong time management, problem solving, and communication skills.
- Proficiency in BKFS/LoanSphere preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office- Outlook and Excel required
While this description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position’s requirements, it in no way implies/states that these are the only job responsibilities. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and request other duties, as necessary.
* 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) days and 18 after 1st anniversary!
* 9 Paid Holidays
* Employee Engagement Activities
* Medical (including Health Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account)
* Dental - RX - Vision - Life, Disability Insurance - 401(k) Plan with company match! - Employee Assistance Plan
* Performance-based Incentives
* Pet Insurance
* Advancement Opportunities
* Our Corporate Social Responsibility program, Newrez NOW, empowers employees to become leaders in their communities through a robust program that includes volunteering, philanthropy, nonprofit grants, and more
* 1 Volunteer Time Off (VTO) day, company-paid volunteer day where all eligible employees may participate in a volunteer event with a nonprofit of their choice
* Employee Matching Gifts Program: We will match monetary employee donations to eligible non-profit organizations, dollar-for-dollar, up to $1,000 per employee
* Newrez Grants Program: Newrez hosts a giving portal where we provide employees an abundance of resources to search for an opportunity to donate their time or monetary contributions
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.