Credit Reporting & Special Loans Analyst (Onsite)
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of America’s top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The Credit Reporting & Special Loans Analyst is responsible for handling all direct and indirect credit bureau disputes from homeowners. Direct disputes are in writing directly from the homeowners and will require a written response. Automated Credit Dispute Verifications (ACDVs) are indirect disputes received from the credit bureaus and will be handled electronically with the credit bureaus. This position also entails daily monitoring and loan maintenance regarding the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA). The analyst will be responsible for monthly reviews and maintenance for consumers who may be called to Active Military Duty and updating loans accordingly. They will also be responsible for receiving and handling any requests from consumers for the benefits available under the SCRA. Additional responsibilities involve responding to Information Sharing requests and the California Consumer Protection Act (CCPA). All of the various tasks involved in this position will entail investigating and responding to homeowners in writing, or the electronically with the credit bureaus, on a daily basis. The job will require continuous learning and keeping up to date with the Regulations such as the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) the SCRA, CCPA, and policies and procedures regarding Fraud/ID Theft. Contact with consumers is minimal.
- Investigate credit reporting disputes by analyzing our records in comparison to the industry standards (Metro 2® Format) for Credit Reporting, in addition to Shellpoint’s own company policies for accurate credit reporting.
- Daily and timely processing of Automated Credit Dispute Verifications (ACDVs) using the web-based Metro 2 compliant, automated system.
- Submit updates to the credit reporting agencies as needed, to remedy any inaccuracies.
- Report possible systematic/technical issues to the Manager to ensure the credit reporting process is compliant with the Metro 2 Format.
- Monthly reviews of consumers found to be Active Military and ensure loans are updated accordingly.
- Maintaining records related to Active Military status for all loans with service members.
- Handle all requests from consumers who are seeking relief under the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA)
- Maintain communication with Clients/Banks regarding any requests from a consumer related to SCRA.
- Use letter templates to relay the bank’s decision to the consumer regarding their request.
- Performs related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education and Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Requirements
- Knowledge/ Experience with credit reporting and FCRA is a preferred.
- Familiarity with Metro 2 format is a plus.
- Familiarity with the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA) is a plus.
- Must be extremely detail oriented, inquisitive, and have a passion for investigating and problem solving.
- Good written communication skills are preferred.
- Moderate understanding of Mortgage and Consumer finance a plus
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel
- Familiarity with Mortgage Servicing systems is preferred.
- Excellent work ethic and deadline driven.
- Follow-up skills and a strong sense of accountability
- Must possess a short learning curve related to assimilation of new skills and tasks.
- Superior organizational skills needed.
- Ability to multi-task as well as quickly adapt to changing work assignments.
- Math and analytical skills needed.
While this description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position’s requirements, it in no way implies/states that these are the only job responsibilities. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and request other duties, as necessary.
* 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) days and 18 after 1st anniversary!
* 9 Paid Holidays
* Employee Engagement Activities
* Medical (including Health Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account)
* Dental - RX - Vision - Life, Disability Insurance - 401(k) Plan with company match! - Employee Assistance Plan
* Performance-based Incentives
* Pet Insurance
* Advancement Opportunities
* Our Corporate Social Responsibility program, Newrez NOW, empowers employees to become leaders in their communities through a robust program that includes volunteering, philanthropy, nonprofit grants, and more
* 1 Volunteer Time Off (VTO) day, company-paid volunteer day where all eligible employees may participate in a volunteer event with a nonprofit of their choice
* Employee Matching Gifts Program: We will match monetary employee donations to eligible non-profit organizations, dollar-for-dollar, up to $1,000 per employee
* Newrez Grants Program: Newrez hosts a giving portal where we provide employees an abundance of resources to search for an opportunity to donate their time or monetary contributions
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.