Credit Reporting & Special Loans Analyst
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is America’s 9th-largest third-party mortgage servicing company. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms); on their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios: We collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay homeowners’ tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The Credit Reporting and Special Loans Analyst is responsible for handling Automated Credit Dispute Verifications (ACDVs) and loan maintenance regarding the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA). The job will entail investigating and responding electronically to credit reporting disputes, on a daily basis. The analyst will also be responsible for monthly reviews and maintenance for consumers who may be called to Active Military Duty, and updating loans accordingly. They will also be responsible for receiving and handling any requests from consumers for the benefits available under the SCRA. Written Correspondence may necessary, but not frequent. The job will require continuous learning and keeping up-to-date with the Regulations such as the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) and the SCRA, and policies and procedures regarding Fraud/ID Theft. Contact with consumers is minimal.
- Investigate credit reporting disputes by analyzing our records in comparison to the industry standards (Metro 2® Format) for Credit Reporting, in addition to Shellpoint’s own company policies for accurate credit reporting.
- Daily and timely processing of Automated Credit Dispute Verifications (ACDVs) using the web-based Metro 2 compliant, automated system.
- Submit updates to the credit reporting agencies as needed, to remedy any inaccuracies.
- Report possible systematic/technical issues to the Manager to ensure the credit reporting process is compliant with the Metro 2 Format.
- Monthly reviews of consumers found to be Active Military and ensure loans are updated accordingly.
- Maintaining records related to Active Military status for all loans with service members.
- Handle all requests from consumers who are seeking relief under the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA)
- Maintain communication with Clients/Banks regarding any requests from a consumer related to SCRA
- Use letter templates to relay the bank’s decision to the consumer regarding their request.
- Math and analytical skills needed
- High School Diploma required, college degree preferred
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: job_20190822215145_CKXK8SUGRRWG8QQJ