Customer Service Representative I
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of America’s top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
Do you enjoy providing excellent service and building strong customer relationships? We need energetic and caring telephone professionals to join our Customer Service team. If selected, you’ll work from the comfort of your own home, handling incoming calls from homeowners across the country. You’ll create a positive customer experience for every caller by identifying their needs, answering their questions, and helping resolve their issues. We’re looking for friendly, outgoing, well-spoken people who are service-minded, reliable, and flexible.
???????Duties & responsibilities
The successful candidate will:
- Handle all homeowner phone calls in a positive, courteous, and helpful manner.
- Identify homeowners’ concerns, research their issues, and provide answers that meet their needs.
- Develop workable solutions that satisfy our homeowners, our client/investors, and our company.
- Provide exceptional service during every contact with our homeowners.
- Process homeowners’ mortgage payments.
- Achieve company performance goals.
- Take part in continuous training in company policies/procedures and industry regulations.
Skills & abilities
The successful candidate needs:
- English fluency.
- Outstanding professional telephone communication skills.
- The ability to work well with homeowners of any mood or personality type.
- A positive attitude, with an eagerness to solve problems.
- Excellent reasoning and research skills; the ability to see the "big picture" and manage the details.
- The ability to safeguard confidential homeowner and company information.
- A strong work ethic, high integrity, and well-organized mindset.
- The ability to follow instructions but work with minimal direct supervision.
- Excellent keyboard skills.
- Ability to quickly learn new computer software.
- Preferred experience with Hyland OnBase software (document imaging system) or similar solution.
- Spanish or bilingual is a plus.
Education & experience
- High-school diploma (or equivalent).
- Over 1 year of inbound/outbound call-center experience.
- Mortgage experience preferred.
* 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) days and 18 after 1st anniversary!
* 9 Paid Holidays
* Employee Engagement Activities
* Medical (including Health Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account)
* Dental - RX - Vision - Life, Disability Insurance - 401(k) Plan with company match! - Employee Assistance Plan
* Performance-based Incentives
* Pet Insurance
* Advancement Opportunities
* Our Corporate Social Responsibility program, Newrez NOW, empowers employees to become leaders in their communities through a robust program that includes volunteering, philanthropy, nonprofit grants, and more
* 1 Volunteer Time Off (VTO) day, company-paid volunteer day where all eligible employees may participate in a volunteer event with a nonprofit of their choice
* Employee Matching Gifts Program: We will match monetary employee donations to eligible non-profit organizations, dollar-for-dollar, up to $1,000 per employee
* Newrez Grants Program: Newrez hosts a giving portal where we provide employees an abundance of resources to search for an opportunity to donate their time or monetary contributions
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.