Customer Service Representative (PM)
Do you enjoy providing excellent service and building strong customer relationships? We need energetic and caring telephone professionals to join our Customer Service team. If selected, you’ll work in a fast-paced environment, handling incoming calls from homeowners across the country. You’ll create a positive customer experience for every caller by identifying their needs, answering their questions, and helping resolve their issues. We are a growing company who likes to reward our top performers with advancement opportunities, a lucrative bonus structure, and even possible work from home privileges. We’re looking for friendly, outgoing, well-spoken people who are service-minded, reliable, and flexible.
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is America’s 9th-largest third-party mortgage servicing company. What is mortgage servicing? Businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms) contract with us to manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, including collecting homeowners’ mortgage payments, paying homeowners’ tax and insurance bills, and helping homeowners in default to get current once again.
Duties & responsibilities
The successful candidate will:
- Handle all homeowner phone calls in a positive, courteous, and helpful manner.
- Identify homeowners’ concerns, research their issues, and provide answers that meet their needs.
- Develop workable solutions that satisfy our homeowners, our client/investors, and our company.
- Provide exceptional service during every contact with our homeowners.
- Process homeowners’ mortgage payments.
- Achieve company performance goals.
- Take part in continuous, on-site, free training in company policies/procedures and industry regulations.
Skills & abilities
The successful candidate needs:
- English fluency.
- Outstanding professional telephone communication skills.
- The ability to work well with homeowners of any mood or personality type.
- A positive attitude, with an eagerness to solve problems.
- Excellent reasoning and research skills; the ability to see the "big picture" and manage the details.
- The ability to safeguard confidential homeowner and company information.
- A strong work ethic, high integrity, and well-organized mindset.
- The ability to follow instructions but work with minimal direct supervision.
- Excellent keyboard skills.
- Ability to quickly learn new computer software.
- Spanish or bilingual is a plus.
Education & experience
- High-school diploma (or equivalent).
- Over 1 year of inbound/outbound call-center experience (or any related customer-service experience) preferred.
- Monday-Friday, we have positions (11 a.m. to 8 p.m.) and (12 p.m. to 9 p.m.).
- Weekend work is on a rotational basis.
- Saturday hours are (8 a.m. to 3 p.m.) and the last Sunday of each month (4 p.m. to 9 p.m.).
- Advancement opportunities.
- A lucrative bonus structure.
- Opportunity to earn work from home privileges.
- Three weeks’ PTO (paid time off).
- Paid holidays.
- Evening/night positions include a shift premium.
- Bilingual pay premium
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and pet insurance.
- Short- and long-term disability insurance.
- Convenient, company-paid downtown parking.
- Adoption- and tuition-assistance programs.
- 401k matching program.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Physical Demands/Work Environment/Disclaimer
Must be able to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time. Must be able to effectively access/operate and interpret information on computer screens, documents, and reports. Must be able to effectively communicate with all homeowners. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: job_20190626152408_S66UVC7ZYX9X17VC