Customer Service Representative (Remote)
Do you enjoy providing excellent service and building strong customer relationships? We need energetic and caring telephone professionals to join our Customer Service team. If selected, you’ll work from the comfort of your own home, handling incoming calls from homeowners across the country. You’ll create a positive customer experience for every caller by identifying their needs, answering their questions, and helping resolve their issues. We’re looking for friendly, outgoing, well-spoken people who are service-minded, reliable, and flexible.
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is America’s 5th-largest third-party mortgage servicing company. What is mortgage servicing? Businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms) contract with us to manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, including collecting homeowners’ mortgage payments, paying homeowners’ tax and insurance bills, and helping homeowners in default to get current once again.
Duties & responsibilities
The successful candidate will:
- Handle all homeowner phone calls in a positive, courteous, and helpful manner.
- Identify homeowners’ concerns, research their issues, and provide answers that meet their needs.
- Develop workable solutions that satisfy our homeowners, our client/investors, and our company.
- Provide exceptional service during every contact with our homeowners.
- Process homeowners’ mortgage payments.
- Achieve company performance goals.
- Take part in continuous training in company policies/procedures and industry regulations.
Skills & abilities
The successful candidate needs:
- English fluency.
- Outstanding professional telephone communication skills.
- The ability to work from home is a must.
- The ability to work well with homeowners of any mood or personality type.
- A positive attitude, with an eagerness to solve problems.
- Excellent reasoning and research skills; the ability to see the "big picture" and manage the details.
- The ability to safeguard confidential homeowner and company information.
- A strong work ethic, high integrity, and well-organized mindset.
- The ability to follow instructions but work with minimal direct supervision.
- Excellent keyboard skills.
- Ability to quickly learn new computer software.
- Preferred experience with Hyland OnBase software (document imaging system) or similar solution.
- Spanish or bilingual is a plus.
Education & experience
- High-school diploma (or equivalent).
- Over 1 year of inbound/outbound mortgage call-center experience (or any related customer-service experience) preferred.
Hours & System Requirements
- Your hours and shift will vary based on call volume and business need, but there is an expectation that a successful candidate will work in a full-time capacity which will include 8 hours daily between the hours of 8:00 am - 10:00 pm local time.
- Secure home office consisting of:
- Dedicated high-speed Internet (Cable, DSL, Fiber) with access via a hardwired connection (not wi-fi)
- Dedicated space where others cannot hear voice conversations, is free from background noise and other distractions
- Suitable ergonomic Chair and desk combination suitable for use to handle a desktop PC and laptop, two monitors, keyboard, mouse and assorted network gear.
- Advancement opportunities.
- Opportunity to work from home.
- Three weeks’ PTO (paid time off).
- Paid holidays.
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and pet insurance.
- Short- and long-term disability insurance.
- Adoption- and tuition-assistance programs.
- 401k matching program.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Physical Demands/Work Environment/Disclaimer
Must be able to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time. Must be able to effectively access/operate and interpret information on computer screens, documents, and reports. Must be able to effectively communicate with all homeowners. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.