Data Integrity Project Management Lead Analyst
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is America’s 5th-largest third-party mortgage servicing company. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms); on their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios: We collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay homeowners’ tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The primary function of the Data Integrity Project Management Lead Analyst will be to manage corrections that are required to be completed as part of ongoing remediations and audits. The position will track the issues that are opened, identify loan populations that meet the data criteria, define the data points that need to be corrected and coordinate with departments that may have processes impacted by the corrections. The position will be responsible for documenting each of the issues and corrections that were made as well as controls that need to be implemented to prevent the issue from occurring again.
- Create and maintain a tool to track open items that are being worked.
- Identify the data criteria that was the root cause of the issue that needs to be corrected.
- Validate the impacted loan populations that meet the data criteria.
- Document each of the data points that will need to be corrected in the servicing system.
- Correct loans in the servicing system and coordinate with departments which might have had processes impacted by the corrections.
- Create controls to monitor the identified data issue going forward.
- Define how future data issues need to be researched and corrected after they are identified, establish the SLA for completing corrections and who is going to complete them.
- Review Data Management tickets to identify data issues that have to be corrected through irregular departmental processes.
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, SQL/data systems, and mortgage servicing systems.
- Strong knowledge of mortgage documents, security instruments, and modification documents.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have 3+ years of mortgage experience with experience reading and understanding mortgage closing documents.
- Proven track record of managing cross departmental projects and processes.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience in the mortgage industry.
Work Schedule & Travel
- Typical work schedule is Monday - Friday, 8:00 - 5:00, ET with some minor flexibility
- Certain after hours/weekend support may be necessary for projects or high business volume situations
- After hours/ weekend email monitoring
- Up to 10% travel to other company locations for projects, training, etc.