Deal Manager - Loan Transfers
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of America’s top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
Ensure all loan transfers are completed according to existing processes and procedures. Maintain all SLA’s within the transfer timeline. Act as the accountable party for all loan transfers from start to finish. The Deal Manager is responsible for all communication to the company on an assigned transfer and are responsible for each checkpoint of the timeline being completed timely.
Maintain stated performance level for all assigned transfer and update the checklist accordingly
Act as the empowered point of contact for all assigned servicing transfers
Manage all transfer calls with servicers, clients, and internal parties
Set the schedule for all servicing transfers and communicate that to the company
Insure all compliance timelines are adhered to for documentation to the borrower
Assist the business units by providing the transfer data and setting up department specific calls as needed to facilitate a seamless transfer
Monitor each transfer for receipt of necessary data prelim, final, wires, etc.
Respond to all internal requests timely and work with servicers to fulfill individual requests
Respond to all external and internal emails timely and completely
Provide portfolio management or clients weekly updates on current transfers and upcoming transfers increasing transparency in the transfer process
Other tasks or responsibilities as assigned by management.
Excellent interpersonal skills when dealing with internal and external groups
Strong skills with project management, process management, and documentation thereof
SQL querying and analysis experience preferred
Significant experience in Mortgage Servicing or other relevant financial industry
College or university degree in the field of Business, Data Analysis, computer science, process improvement, project management, etc. or significant experience in the field
Work Schedule & Travel
Typical work schedule is Monday - Friday, 8:00 - 5:00 with some minor flexibility
Certain after hours/weekend support may be necessary for projects or high business volume situations
After hours/ weekend email monitoring
* 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) days and 18 after 1st anniversary!
* 8 Paid Holidays
* Employee Engagement Activities
* Medical (including Health Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account)
* Dental - RX - Vision - Life, Disability Insurance - 401(k) Plan with company match! - Employee Assistance Plan
* Tuition-Assistance Programs
* Performance-based Incentives
* Pet Insurance
* Advancement Opportunities
* Our Corporate Social Responsibility program, Newrez NOW, empowers employees to become leaders in their communities through a robust program that includes volunteering, philanthropy, nonprofit grants, and more
* 1 Volunteer Time Off (VTO) day, company-paid volunteer day where all eligible employees may participate in a volunteer event with a nonprofit of their choice
* Employee Matching Gifts Program: We will match monetary employee donations to eligible non-profit organizations, dollar-for-dollar, up to $1,000 per employee
* Newrez Grants Program: Newrez hosts a giving portal where we provide employees an abundance of resources to search for an opportunity to donate their time or monetary contributions
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R2252