Default Escalations Specialist II
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of America’s top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The Default Escalations Specialist is responsible for supporting the Loss Mitigation division by investigating and responding to consumer complaints that are received by the Inbound Loss Mitigation Specialist, allowing other areas of the division to focus on "live" loss mitigation efforts and call volume. Verbal Complaints may be related to issues with SPOC availability, loss mitigation status updates, prior servicer loss mitigation efforts, fee disputes, payment disputes, loss mitigation denials etc. (all aspects of Loss Mitigation Servicing). This position is designed to resolve consumer complaints quickly before they escalate to a written or Regulatory complaint, to prevent more risk and exposure to the company, and improve the overall customer experience. They will also be responsible for the outreach efforts and further communication to consumers, after the complaint is received. They will be required to acknowledge the complaint, provide follow ups or status updates when needed, and eventually provide confirmation of final resolution for the consumer over the phone.
- Make outbound calls to consumers within 24 hours of receiving a verbal complaint, to acknowledge the complaint and provide a point of contact until resolution.
- Make outbound calls to consumers every 3 days to provide status updates on their complaint, or an ETA, until a resolution is reached.
- Research the consumer’s loan to determine the problem and next steps toward resolution.
- Follow up with other department leaders on tasks that their department needs to complete before a resolution can be reached.
- Make outbound calls to consumers when a resolution is reached.
- Updating and maintaining the database for verbal complaints, with details of the complaints and resolutions, for tracking and reporting purposes.
- Superior Customer Service and verbal/phone communication skills is a must
- Well-rounded knowledge of Mortgage, Consumer finance and loss mitigation a plus
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, Outlook, and MS Access needed
- Familiarity with ILS systems needed
- Excellent work ethic, high productivity, and acute attention to detail needed
- Must possess a short learning curve related to assimilation of new skills and tasks
* 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) days and 18 after 1st anniversary!
* 9 Paid Holidays
* Employee Engagement Activities
* Medical (including Health Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account)
* Dental - RX - Vision - Life, Disability Insurance - 401(k) Plan with company match! - Employee Assistance Plan
* Performance-based Incentives
* Pet Insurance
* Advancement Opportunities
* Our Corporate Social Responsibility program, Newrez NOW, empowers employees to become leaders in their communities through a robust program that includes volunteering, philanthropy, nonprofit grants, and more
* 1 Volunteer Time Off (VTO) day, company-paid volunteer day where all eligible employees may participate in a volunteer event with a nonprofit of their choice
* Employee Matching Gifts Program: We will match monetary employee donations to eligible non-profit organizations, dollar-for-dollar, up to $1,000 per employee
* Newrez Grants Program: Newrez hosts a giving portal where we provide employees an abundance of resources to search for an opportunity to donate their time or monetary contributions
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.