Default Quality Coordinator
The Default Quality Coordinator collaborates with all departments within the enterprise to research and respond to audits, compensatory fee and repurchase requests, and provides hands-on support for the print production and reconciliation processes. This individual will work with frontline associates up to executive leadership to assist in training and propose and develop remediation activities, when necessary, to help improve the overall quality of the output of the enterprise. Additionally, the Default Quality Coordinator will collaborate with Compliance and the Print Production team to produce and review statements, notices, and other written correspondence.
- Facilitate the production and reconciliation of statements, letters, and notices sent to borrowers and third parties such as attorneys, investors, regulators, etc.
- Write, format, and edit professional business letters using proper spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
- Collaborate with Compliance, Legal, Bankruptcy, and other departments to create and review statements, letters, and notices for quality and compliance in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local law, any applicable regulatory body, investor guidelines, company policy, and borrower experience standards.
- Analyze complex processes and non-linear correlative data for all supported business units related to internal and external audits, compensatory fees, repurchases, and print production.
- Collaborate with all departments within the enterprise to determine root causes for issues identified during the detailed analysis, provide recommended solutions, and develop remediation activities.
- Research and interpret regulations, collaborate with the Compliance and Legal departments, including internal and external counsel, to ensure compliance with the Consumer Finance Protection Bureau, Federal Debt Collection Practices Act, and other applicable federal, state and local regulatory bodies as they pertain to correspondence.
- Ensure that all procedures are executed in accordance with investor guidelines.
- Track progress of remediation activity and report successes and opportunities to appropriate entities.
- Review, research, and respond timely and accurately to investor repurchase requests.
- Facilitate meetings with appropriate departments to review audit observations to ensure proper controls are in place to remediate process gaps.
- Develop and maintain reports in Excel, Visio, and SharePoint which concisely and effectively communicate complex concepts based on data from multiple sources for compensatory fees, repurchases, and audit tracking.
- Review all loans with potential compensatory fee exposure to accurately project risk and to propose adjustments to timelines and processes meant to mitigate potential future losses. Understand servicing delays and be able to recognize loan servicing issues by conducting loan-level research.
- Undertake special projects related to departmental activities and perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to write and format professional business letters
- Bachelor’s degree or minimum of five years of mortgage experience required
- Prior default servicing experience preferred
- Excellent written communication skills (grammar, spelling, and punctuation)
- Advanced knowledge of SharePoint, Visio, Microsoft Excel and Word
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate with frontline associates, management, executives and clients and investors
- Strong knowledge and understanding of GSE guidelines are preferred
- Experience analyzing complex processes and non-linear correlative data for all supported business units
- Impeccable organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong research ability, understanding complex, multi-level, multi-source information
- Self-motivated, self-starter with the ability to work independently with no supervision
- Excellent follow-up skills, and the ability to meet strict deadlines while maintaining highest quality performance
- Ability to work overtime as needed
- Ability to collaborate across all internal departments and external entities
- High School Diploma required.