Default Support Analyst II
Who we are:
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is America’s 9th-largest third-party mortgage servicing company. What is mortgage servicing? Businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms) contract with us to manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, including collecting homeowners’ mortgage payments, paying homeowners’ tax and insurance bills, and helping homeowners in default to get current once again.
The individual selected for the job will manage a suite of reports designed to support Default Operations. The individual will develop good communication skills by interacting with both technical and non-technical, business customers to support the reporting needs of the business.Responsibilities:
- Manage daily, weekly, month-end and ad hoc reporting processes, producing reports at scheduled intervals and distributing to business customers.
- Become a subject matter expert of production reporting, answering questions for both the business customers and IT staff regarding both processes and data.
- Develop a high degree of familiarity with a limited number of data warehouse tables, used most frequently to support the business.
- Create intermediate level queries, relating a limited number of tables through multiple joins, in SQL to answer business questions with limited assistance.
- Comfortable presenting data to internal clients in a variety of formats, such as Reporting Services reports, excel pivot tables, charts, and SQL Server sandboxes.
- Identify enhancements to reporting management applications, and own the administration and test plans.
- Work with IT and the internal clients to define specifications for new reports, potentially building ad hoc reporting to use temporarily.
- Perform user acceptance testing on new reports by comparing reporting output with requirements and existing reporting in order to provide feedback to the Default Support team, internal clients and/or IT staff on any discrepancies.
- Create new ad hoc reports by translating business customer needs into a data request.
- Develop familiarity with data warehouse structure, field definitions, and data cubes.
- 2-4 years’ work experience in a related position.
- Experience using programming languages required (SQL experience a plus).
- Must achieve a score of ‘proficient’ or higher on SQL test.
- Knowledge of relational database structures required.
- Advanced skills in Excel (charts, formulas, macros) required.
- Orientation for detail, coupled with organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to multi-task, respond well to pressure and deadlines, and work well individually and in a team environment.
- Flexible to changing priorities, project scopes, and deadlines.
- Strong business communication skills with an ability to work well in a collaborative environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree required (quantitative field preferred).