Deputy General Counsel - Servicing
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of America’s top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
This role provides broad-based legal and compliance support throughout the company, with excellent business judgment, attention to both strategy and detail, a proactive and practical approach, and dedication to customer service. The Deputy General Counsel is responsible for end-to-end ownership of important and complex projects and initiatives.
Provide excellent judgment and business-oriented legal advice on a wide variety of legal matters.
Draft, review, and negotiate a wide variety of agreements and contracts, including independent sales rep agreements; distribution, license and collaboration agreements; and vendor agreements.
Manage compliance matters addressing a wide array of regulations. Draft, review and update compliance policies and procedures.
Provide employment law advice to internal stakeholders, and draft employment related documents and policies
Assist with data privacy compliance and policy implementation.
Manage litigation brought by and against the company, and proactively assist in resolving disputes
Assist the General Counsel and outside counsel as needed on mergers, acquisitions and investment activities, including due diligence support and integration post-acquisition.
Assist in managing the Company’s intellectual property and provide related counsel
Work with outside counsel on key company matters
Undertake other ad hoc projects as assigned by the General Counsel as necessary to support business initiatives.
Education and Experience Requirements
10+ years of relevant regulatory legal experience, in-house experience a plus
Knowledge, Skill and Ability Requirements
Knowledge of residential mortgage lending and servicing industry
Excellent interpersonal, written and communication skills
Strong organizational skills and attention to detail is a must
Ability to multi-task, prioritize and establish goals
* 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) days and 18 after 1st anniversary!
* 8 Paid Holidays
* Employee Engagement Activities
* Medical (including Health Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account)
* Dental - RX - Vision - Life, Disability Insurance - 401(k) Plan with company match! - Employee Assistance Plan
* Tuition-Assistance Programs
* Performance-based Incentives
* Pet Insurance
* Advancement Opportunities
* Our Corporate Social Responsibility program, Newrez NOW, empowers employees to become leaders in their communities through a robust program that includes volunteering, philanthropy, nonprofit grants, and more
* 1 Volunteer Time Off (VTO) day, company-paid volunteer day where all eligible employees may participate in a volunteer event with a nonprofit of their choice
* Employee Matching Gifts Program: We will match monetary employee donations to eligible non-profit organizations, dollar-for-dollar, up to $1,000 per employee
* Newrez Grants Program: Newrez hosts a giving portal where we provide employees an abundance of resources to search for an opportunity to donate their time or monetary contributions
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R1895