Director - Application Development
Who we are:
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is America’s 8th-largest third-party mortgage servicing company. What is mortgage servicing? Businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms) contract with us to manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, including collecting homeowners’ mortgage payments, paying homeowners’ tax and insurance bills, and helping homeowners in default to get current once again.
Manage all aspects and act as the accountable party of the application development lifecycle for applications developed internally and by third-party/contract development streams. Partner with the SVP of technology to ensure all initiatives are properly aligned with current and future business needs. Prioritize and manage all development projects and tasks to completion. Set the strategic direction for software development throughout the firm. Perform supervisory duties for the development teams such as setting team standards, goal setting and tracking, PTO management, coaching, weekly meetings with direct reports, staff development, etc. Constantly improve processes to ensure all development implementations occur swiftly and accurately.
- Work with BSM’s, operational leaders and business support group leaders to create and manage applications that improve efficiency, controls, accuracy, compliance, security, etc.
- Act as a major strategic partner on the overall application development and support program at the company
- Maintain and oversee all department processes, policies and procedures including the agile process, etc.
- Make strategic and tactical decisions on applications, integrations, and other technology items being worked and implemented into the platform.
- Oversee, design and ensure consistent secure coding standards are employed across the organization, and with third parties as practical
- Act as a significant architect to the company’s application platform which includes customized vendor applications and company-built applications by employing high end user experiences, interfaces, and secure, scalable and stable data repositories
- Maintain and advance individual and the team’s knowledge on new, evolving, and cutting-edge technologies for both internal operations and business-facing applications
- Oversee, manage and prioritize all external development groups while ensuring consistent, secure standards and smooth integrations into existing company applications
- Partner with clients and internal affiliates to manage expectations and ensure timely accurate delivery of applications facing those groups
- Maintain and report on department KPI’s and other metrics such as pipeline, throughput, ETA’s, etc. to IT and operational management
- Perform personnel managerial duties such as goal setting and tracking, performance monitoring and coaching, ensuring associate engagement, and other typical managerial duties
- Other tasks or responsibilities as assigned by management
- 10+ years working in an application development with 6+ years working in application development management
- Experience in Mortgage Servicing highly desired
- Ability to remain focused in a fast-paced, highly dynamic environment while maintaining the highest levels of customer service to external parties and engagement with staff
- Knowledge of all development operations such as agile, coding standards, security concerns, change management, implementation management and regulatory control environments such as SOX.
- Highly skilled in UX/UI applications and a full understanding of human/technology interaction
- Excellent big-picture thinking and problem-solving skills
- Knowledgeable in securely developing in environments with Azure, C#, Angular, SQL, TFS, Python, SSRS, Octopus Deploy, MSSQL, SSIS, XML, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and retain a highly engaged, knowledgeable team
- Exceptionally strong leadership skills managing local and remote teams including teams in highly differing time zones
- College or university degree in the field of Information Technology, Computer Science, MIS, or another STEM-related field required. Significant experience in a similar role or industry will be considered as a replacement.
Work Schedule & Travel
- Typical work schedule is Monday - Friday, 8:00 - 5:00 with some minor flexibility
- Certain after hours/weekend time may be necessary for projects, emergencies, or high business volume situations
- After hours/ weekend email monitoring is expected
- Up to 10% travel to other company locations for projects, training, etc.