Director - Document Curative
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is America’s 9th-largest third-party mortgage servicing company. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms); on their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios: We collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay homeowners’ tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The Document Curative Director will report directly to the Senior Vice President and is responsible for assisting the Document Curative Department with overseeing the day to day operations of the departmental sub-teams - AOMs, ROLs, MERs, ROL/PIF Ltrs, etc
- Oversees the daily operations of Document Custody to ensure compliance with all company, state, and federal guidelines.
- Develops and implements all departmental processes and procedures to maximize resources and minimize expenditures.
- Coordinates, compiles and analyzes data for distribution and presentation to associated departments and Executive Leadership.
- Assists in the development of unit Business Plans and Budgets to meet Company-forecasted future-growth requirements
- Prepares and manages meetings/presentations with internal departments and external clients
- Directly responsible for the procurement of documents needed to prepare and execute assignments as well collateral documents.
- Direct oversight into MERS and lien release processes, ensuring all SLA’s are achieved.
- Creates and maintains job descriptions.
- Develops and implements performance metrics and work standards.
- Drafts and publishes formal guidelines and procedures.
- Evaluates job performance and, as necessary, administers disciplinary action.
- Provides training and develops career paths for all direct reports.
- Performs periodic Performance Reviews and recommending salary adjustments.
- Develops and tracks employee incentive plans for monthly performance.
- Acts as the key contact with other departments and divisions within the Company.
- Undertakes Special Projects related to departmental activities.
- Any other task assigned by superiors
- Available to travel to multiple locations
- 10+ years prior document custody experience preferred
- Effective organizational skills
- Comprehensive understanding of the Document Curative Department, its various sub-teams and the regulatory environment in which it operates.
- General management skills
- Prior knowledge of custodial processes
- Prior experience handling mortgage pool certifications
- Ability to handle confidential material in a professional, ethical manner.
- Superior interpersonal skills to build and maintain professional relationships with vendors, co-workers, etc.
- Superior professional communication skills - written & verbal
- Superior time management skills & ability to respond to vendor/inter-departmental requests in a timely fashion.
- Ability to prioritize workload to meet deadlines and achieve volume goals and performance standards.
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office: Word, Excel & Outlook
- Research & analytical skills to comprehend applicable state laws.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or relevant business experience in mortgage administration and document management.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: job_20191016045350_1XOXNWJDEIZBYJGW