Director - Loan Servicing
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is America’s 9th-largest third-party mortgage servicing company. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms); on their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios: We collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay homeowners’ tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The Director of Loan Servicing handles all inbound written correspondence inquiries and work distribution for our performing loans. This includes researching and resolving customer questions and partnering with other internal departments on inquiries.
- Oversees the daily operations of Loan Servicing to ensure compliance with all company, state, and federal guidelines.
- Monitors Onbase inboxes to ensure turnaround times are meeting expectations
- Develops and implements all departmental processes and procedures to maximize resources and minimize expenditures.
- Coordinates, compiles and analyzes data for distribution and presentation to associated departments and Executive Leadership.
- Partners with Customer Service department on needed back-up coverage for inbound calls
- Assists in the development of unit Business Plans and Budgets to meet Company-forecasted future-growth requirements.
- Creates and maintains job descriptions.
- Develops and implements performance metrics and work standards.
- Drafts and publishes formal guidelines and procedures.
- Evaluates job performance and, as necessary, administers disciplinary action.
- Provides training and develops career paths for all direct reports.
- Interviews and hires all departmental staff.
- Performs periodic Performance Reviews and recommending salary adjustments.
- Develops and tracks employee incentive plans for monthly performance.
- Reviews and tracks monthly expense reports to ensure departmental costs are correct.
- Acts as the key contact with other departments and divisions within the Company.
- Undertakes Special Projects related to departmental activities.
- Communicates and monitors complaints and irate customers.
- Manages the timely notification of loans to Servicing Departments wherein the contract conditions have not been met.
- Effective organizational skills
- Excellent listening, comprehension and negotiation skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and follow-through to completion of assignments
- Ability to conceptualize and establish operational and control enhancements for computer systems
- Ability to assist with complaint and irate calls
- Proven experience motivating, coaching, monitoring and evaluating staff performance
- Advanced PC-skills-with knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Access
- Preferably 10 years combined experience in Mortgage Banking, Insurance, Loan Origination, Collections, Loss Mitigation, and/or other related fields
- At least 3 years experience in management positions
- A 4 year college degree in Business Administration or equivalent