Director of Contact Center/Workforce Management
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of America’s top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
Responsible for leading the staff and functions within dialer operations and workforce management technologies and serve as point of contact for telephony related projects and issues for the business. Also responsible for ensuring excellence in the execution of collection strategies and adherence to company, state and federal requirements around outbound calling and implementation of industry best practices.
- Dialer Support Specialist
- Dialer Support Specialist
- Manager - Workforce Management
- Lead and enforce the practices of change management, policy and procedure development, systems monitoring and reporting, and KPI and Metrics development and tracking.
- Direct the day-to-day operations to ensure platforms meet service levels and business operations are executed without significant down time.
- Manage the expectations of the business at all levels of management, negotiate timeline for delivery and influence business decisions by providing timely information related to collections strategy and technology capabilities of the auto dialer and WFM platform.
- Be able to identify the need for change and lead the implementation of change to improve efficiency and effectiveness of collection strategies and technology platforms.
- Develop team goals and execute job appraisals.
- Consistently coach team on obtaining job objectives while enforcing and adhering to company policy and procedure and state and federal guidelines.
- Identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions.
- Responsible for coordination, implementation and execution of projects relating to platform enhancements or upgrades. In conjunction with vendor, over-see all UAT testing around platforms
- Serve as the liaison between IT, Reporting Services and business regarding platform functionality and enhancements.
- Work closely with Compliance and Legal department to ensure adherence to internal and state and federal guidelines.
- Serve as dialer SME across all projects impacting servicing
- Business representation and point of contact for all telephony related projects and issues, driving optimization across call flows
- Manage WFM forecaster and RTA analysts, cross training RTA functions with dialer administrators, ensuring agent productivity is optimized to meet business needs
- Any other job responsibilities requested by management.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 7-10 years of experience in collections and use of automated dialer
- 7-10 years industry experience in Mortgage Default Servicing
- 7-10 years overall call center experience.
- Previous management experience
Knowledge, Skill and Ability Requirements
- Strong working knowledge of all Microsoft Office suite programs, with emphasis on Excel
- Understanding of SQL language and data warehouse designs
- Knowledge of FDCPA, TCPA and other federal regulations
- Able to operate effectively in a team, contributing positively to team operations and working relationships
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strategic and independent thinker
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with attention to detail
* Three weeks’ PTO (paid time off) for vacation and sick days.
* Paid holidays.
* Medical, dental, vision, life, and pet insurance.
* Short- and long-term disability insurance.
* Adoption- and tuition-assistance programs.
* 401k matching program.
* Performance-based annual bonuses.
* Advancement opportunities
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.