Director - Omnichannel Communications
Who we are:
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is America’s 5th-largest third-party mortgage servicing company. What is mortgage servicing? Businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms) contract with us to manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, including collecting homeowners’ mortgage payments, paying homeowners’ tax and insurance bills, and helping homeowners in default to get current once again.
The Director of Omnichannel Communications leads the technical aspects of and is the accountable party for all omni-channel homeowner facing communications systems focused on Telecommunications, Text, Email, Chat, etc., all within the servicing business unit. This role will be accountable for the operation and direction of all omnichannel platforms including any major system replacements, upgrades, etc., information security within the platforms, etc. This role will also partner with business unit leaders to deliver technical solutions to optimize business processes and strengthen the brand. This role will manage all Omnichannel development projects and tasks to completion. Perform supervisory duties for the staff such as setting team standards, goal setting and tracking, PTO management, coaching, weekly meetings with direct reports, staff development, etc.
- Act as the accountable party for all technology aspects of the Omnichannel technologies, which includes corporate & contact center telecommunications, homeowner-facing email, chat platforms, text platforms and other related platforms
- Work with the Infrastructure and run teams to ensure that the platforms are highly available and that all run events, overnight processing, backups, recovery strategies, upgrades, security and all normal system events occur per business and technical requirements
- Partner with operational business units to develop and operate strategies on inbound and outbound communications across all media channels, including interfacing with Lending operations and communications to ensure maximum positive impact to homeowners
- Is the strategic technical direction setting for all homeowner-facing omnichannel systems including telecommunications, chat, email, text, push notifications, etc.
- Maintain and oversee all department processes, policies and procedures including the agile process, etc.
- Partner with IT and operational leaders to make strategic and tactical decisions on contact center applications, integrations, and other technology items being worked and implemented into the platform.
- Be a major contributor and the primary driver to the architecture of the company’s overall communications platforms which includes standard and customized vendor applications in addition to company-built applications by employing high end user experiences, interfaces, and secure, scalable and stable service delivery
- Maintain and advance individual and the team’s knowledge on new, evolving, and cutting-edge technologies for both internal operations and business-facing applications
- Oversee, manage and prioritize all external vendor work while ensuring consistent, secure standards and smooth integrations into existing platforms
- Partner with clients and the client management groups to ensure our client’s needs are met through the advancement and adaptation of omnichannel technology to their needs
- Maintain and report on department KPI’s and other metrics such as availability, performance, pipeline, throughput, ETA’s, etc. to IT and operational management
- Perform personnel managerial duties such as goal setting and tracking, performance monitoring and coaching, ensuring associate engagement, and other typical managerial duties
- Other tasks or responsibilities as assigned by management
- 15+ years working in customer-facing telecommunications systems with 10+ years working in product and overall enterprise-class communications systems management
- 5+ years of experience with mass-email and mass-texting services
- 5+ years of experience with chat and chat bot technologies
- Experience in Mortgage Servicing and/or Contact Centers required
- Ability to remain focused in a fast-paced, highly dynamic environment while maintaining the highest levels of customer service to external parties and engagement with staff
- Knowledge of security concerns, change management, implementation management and regulatory control environments such as SOX, TCPA, etc.
- Skilled in UX/UI and a good understanding of human/technology interaction and psychology thereof
- Excellent big picture thinking and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead and retain a highly engaged, knowledgeable team
- Exceptionally strong leadership skills managing local and remote teams including teams in highly differing time zones
- College or university degree in the field of Information Technology, Computer Science, MIS, or another STEM-related field required. Significant experience in a similar role or industry will be considered as a replacement.
Work Schedule & Travel
- Typical work schedule is Monday - Friday, 8:00 - 5:00 with some minor flexibility
- Certain after hours/weekend time may be necessary for projects, emergencies, or high business volume situations
- After hours/ weekend email monitoring and engagement is expected
- Up to 20% travel to other company locations for projects, training, etc.