Director- Servicing Director Application Development
Manage all aspects and act as the accountable party of the application development lifecycle for applications developed internally and by third-party/contract development streams in the loan servicing space. Prioritize and manage all development projects and tasks to completion. Partner with peers across the IT organization at Shellpoint Mortgage in setting the strategic direction for software development throughout the firm. Perform supervisory duties for the development teams such as setting team standards, goal setting and tracking, PTO management, coaching, weekly meetings with direct reports, staff development, etc. Constantly improve processes to ensure all development implementations occur swiftly and accurately. We’re looking for friendly, outgoing, well-spoken people who are service-minded, reliable, and flexible.
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is America’s 5th-largest third-party mortgage servicing company. What is mortgage servicing? Businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms) contract with us to manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, including collecting homeowners’ mortgage payments, paying homeowners’ tax and insurance bills, and helping homeowners in default to get current once again.
Duties & responsibilities
The successful candidate will:
- Work with operational leaders, business support group leaders and IT leadership to create and manage applications that improve efficiency, controls, accuracy, compliance, security, etc.
- Act as a major strategic partner on the overall application development and support program at the company.
- Maintain and oversee all department processes, policies and procedures including the approved development methodologies implemented at Shellpoint Mortgage.
- Make strategic and tactical decisions on applications, integrations, and other technology items being worked and implemented into the platform.
- Oversee, design and ensure consistent secure coding standards are employed across the organization, and with third parties as practical.
- Oversee, design, and ensure appropriate source code management policies and practices are implemented and maintained.
- Act as a significant architect to the company’s application platform which includes customized vendor applications and company-built applications by employing high end user experiences, interfaces, and secure, scalable and stable data repositories.
- Oversee, design and maintain appropriate and adequate controls to pass internal, external and 3rd party IT audit requirements applicable to a development organization.
- Maintain and advance individual and the team’s knowledge on new, evolving, and cutting-edge technologies for both internal operations and business-facing applications.
- Oversee, manage and prioritize all external development groups while ensuring consistent, secure standards and smooth integrations into existing company applications.
- Partner with clients and internal affiliates to manage expectations and ensure timely accurate delivery of applications facing those groups.
- Maintain and report on department KPI’s and other metrics such as pipeline, throughput, ETA’s, etc. to IT and operational management.
- Perform personnel managerial duties such as goal setting and tracking, performance monitoring and coaching, ensuring associate engagement, and other typical managerial duties.
- Other tasks or responsibilities as assigned by management.
- Achieve and participate in company performance goals.
- Take part in continuous training in company policies/procedures and industry regulations.
Skills & abilities
The successful candidate needs:
- 12+ years working in application development with 6+ years working in application development management.
- Experience in Mortgage Servicing highly desired.
- Knowledgeable in securely developing in environments with Azure, C++, C#, Angular, SQL, TFS, Python, SSRS, MSSQL, SSIS, XML, .NET, CLI, TFS, JIRA, etc.
- Ability to remain focused in a fast-paced, highly dynamic environment while maintaining the highest levels of customer service to external parties and engagement with staff.
- Knowledge of all development operations such as agile, coding standards, security concerns, change management, implementation management and regulatory control environments such as SOX.
- Highly skilled in UX/UI applications and a full understanding of human/technology interaction.
- Excellent big picture thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, lead and retain a highly engaged, knowledgeable team.
- Exceptionally strong leadership skills managing local and remote teams including offshore teams in highly differing time zones.
Education & experience
- College or university degree in the field of Information Technology, Computer Science, MIS, or another STEM-related field required. Significant experience in a similar role or industry will be considered as a replacement.
- PTO (paid time off).
- Paid holidays.
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and pet insurance.
- Short- and long-term disability insurance.
- Adoption- and tuition-assistance programs.
- 401k matching program.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Physical Demands/Work Environment/Disclaimer
Must be able to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time. Must be able to effectively access/operate and interpret information on computer screens, documents, and reports. Must be able to effectively communicate with all homeowners. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Typical work schedule is Monday - Friday, 8:00 - 5:00 with some minor flexibility. Periodic off hour interaction with offshore vendor management leadership and team members will be required. Certain after hours/weekend time may be necessary for projects, emergencies, or high business volume situations. After hours/ weekend email monitoring is expected. Up to 20% travel to other company locations for projects, training, etc. may be needed periodically.