Document Administration Manager (On-site)
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of America’s top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The Manager Document Administration is responsible for the overseeing the day-to-day operations of a specified set of accounts assigned by clients related to assignments and collateral documents. The Manager Document Administration will coordinate the successful movement, tracking and delivery of all collateral documents as well as managing the timely production of Assignments when required. Must manage accurate reporting to multiple entities and oversee the timely and accurate production process of Vendors associated with document preparation, recording, shipping, and storage.
- Supervisor Document Administration
- Team Lead Document Administration
- Manage the process for client’s sale or purchased loans that require some collateral cleansing prior to sale or reconciliation afterwards.
- Direct and manage the movement of files to and from various document custodian facilities
- Be responsible for timely and accurate reporting and presentation to clients to account for the location and status of all collateral documents for their portfolios
- Track, monitor, and measure each assignments progress from prep to recording.
- Manage and reconcile the clients document library at each custodian monthly.
- Report and hold daily/weekly updates of progress for assignments and collateral reconciliation with clients externally and internally with SMS leadership
- Be involved in the day-to-day production of employees assigned to complete the assigned Document Curative processes.
- Assist Director Document Administration with regular updates to all published policies and procedures to ensure that they remain current and receive, at a minimum, annual updates.
- Performs related duties as assigned by management.
Education and Experience Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent, required.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred.
- 6-8 years’ experience in Document Administration in Mortgage Servicing or similar field.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability Requirements
- Comprehensive understanding of the Document Administration Department, its various sub-teams, and the regulatory environment in which it operates.
- General management skills
- Ability to handle confidential material in a professional, ethical manner.
- Superior interpersonal skills to build and maintain professional relationships with vendors, co-workers, etc.
- Superior professional communication skills - written & verbal
- Superior time management skills & ability to respond to vendor/inter-departmental requests in a timely fashion.
- Ability to prioritize workload to meet deadlines and achieve volume goals and performance standards.
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office: Word, Excel & Outlook
- Research & analytical skills to comprehend applicable state laws.
While this description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position’s requirements, it in no way implies/states that these are the only job responsibilities. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and request other duties, as necessary.
* 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) days and 18 after 1st anniversary!
* 9 Paid Holidays
* Employee Engagement Activities
* Medical (including Health Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account)
* Dental - RX - Vision - Life, Disability Insurance - 401(k) Plan with company match! - Employee Assistance Plan
* Performance-based Incentives
* Pet Insurance
* Advancement Opportunities
* Our Corporate Social Responsibility program, Newrez NOW, empowers employees to become leaders in their communities through a robust program that includes volunteering, philanthropy, nonprofit grants, and more
* 1 Volunteer Time Off (VTO) day, company-paid volunteer day where all eligible employees may participate in a volunteer event with a nonprofit of their choice
* Employee Matching Gifts Program: We will match monetary employee donations to eligible non-profit organizations, dollar-for-dollar, up to $1,000 per employee
* Newrez Grants Program: Newrez hosts a giving portal where we provide employees an abundance of resources to search for an opportunity to donate their time or monetary contributions
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.