Document Administration Specialist II
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of America’s top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The Document Administration Specialist II is responsible for reviewing mortgage documentation to ensure clear title of loans serviced by Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS). The Document Administration Specialist II is also responsible for receiving, cataloging, and shipping requested collateral and/or servicing documentation or full physical files to 3rd party firms, 3rd party document custodians, and/or 3rd party vendors.
The Document Administration Specialist II communicates heavily with vendors and inter-departmental staff to facilitate all title curative issues in a timely manner.
The Document Administration Specialist II is expected to have an advanced working knowledge of their function and be able to provide feedback to senior team members and leadership about possible issues. They should be able complete their workload with limited input from supervisors while acting as a resource for more junior team members.
- Identify, process, and prepare required documents (Lien Release, Assignments of Mortgage, Allonges, Lost Note Affidavits, Lost Mortgage Affidavits, Partial Releases, Assumptions, etc.) for loans serviced by Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing with various levels of complexity.
- Review prepared loan documentation to ensure thoroughness, accuracy, and completeness with documentation standards.
- Ensure requested documentation is accurately completed within specific task SLAs.
- Request collateral files from investor designated document custodians to ensure that all needed documentation is obtained (within specific SLAs) to efficiently process Loss Mitigation, Bankruptcy and Foreclosure proceedings.
- Address inquiries from vendors, investors, Portfolio Managers, etc. professionally and in a timely fashion.
- Review daily task queue and exception reports to ensure completion of assigned duties within specific SLAs.
- Update and annotate all actions/follow-ups processed on loans in all appropriate systems.
- Prepare required reporting - management, investor, vendor, etc.
- Update Mortgage Electronic Records System, Inc. (MERS) database to ensure adequate reporting of changes in mortgage servicing rights and beneficial ownership interests in loans serviced by SMS.
- Update and maintain real-time inventory of received physical collateral and servicing files.
- Update and maintain real-time inventory of images of documents contained within the physical collateral and servicing files received.
- Identify, process, catalog/inventory and prepare shipments of any requested documents (Assignments of Mortgage, Allonges, Lost Note Affidavits, Lost Mortgage Affidavits, etc.) or full collateral/servicing files for loans serviced by Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing with various levels of complexity.
- Ensure requested collateral files and/or specific documents are accurately processed within the inventory system within predefined SLAs.
- Review and process exception reporting at various stages of the inventory and check-in/check-out process.
- Complete monthly inventory audits with custodians, file centers and the onsite file room.
- Performs related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education and Experience Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent, required.
- Associates or bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 2-4 years’ experience in Document Administration or Mortgage Servicing or similar field.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability Requirements
- Basic understanding of mortgage servicing industry - Loss Mitigation, Bankruptcy, Foreclosure, and REO (Real Estate Owned)
- Ability to handle confidential material in a professional, ethical manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills to build and maintain professional relationships with vendors, co-workers, etc.
- Professional communication skills - written & verbal
- Strong time management skills & ability to respond to vendor/inter-departmental requests in a timely fashion.
- Ability to prioritize workload to meet deadlines and achieve volume goals and performance standards.
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office: Word, Excel & Outlook
- Research & analytical skills to comprehend applicable state laws.
While this description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position’s requirements, it in no way implies/states that these are the only job responsibilities. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and request other duties, as necessary.
* 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) days and 18 after 1st anniversary!
* 9 Paid Holidays
* Employee Engagement Activities
* Medical (including Health Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account)
* Dental - RX - Vision - Life, Disability Insurance - 401(k) Plan with company match! - Employee Assistance Plan
* Performance-based Incentives
* Pet Insurance
* Advancement Opportunities
* Our Corporate Social Responsibility program, Newrez NOW, empowers employees to become leaders in their communities through a robust program that includes volunteering, philanthropy, nonprofit grants, and more
* 1 Volunteer Time Off (VTO) day, company-paid volunteer day where all eligible employees may participate in a volunteer event with a nonprofit of their choice
* Employee Matching Gifts Program: We will match monetary employee donations to eligible non-profit organizations, dollar-for-dollar, up to $1,000 per employee
* Newrez Grants Program: Newrez hosts a giving portal where we provide employees an abundance of resources to search for an opportunity to donate their time or monetary contributions
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.