Document Curative Manager (Lien Release)
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is America’s 9th-largest third-party mortgage servicing company. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms); on their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios: We collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay homeowners’ tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The Document Curative (DC) Manager is responsible for the overseeing the day to day operations of a specified set of accounts assigned by clients related to assignments and collateral documents. This Manager will coordinate the successful movement, tracking and delivery of all collateral documents as well as managing the timely production of Assignments when required. Must manage accurate reporting to multiple entities and oversee the timely and accurate production process of Vendors associated with document preparation, recording, shipping, and storage.
- Manage the process for client’s sale or purchased loans that require some collateral cleansing prior to sale or reconciliation afterwards.
- Direct and Manage the movement of files to and from various document custodian facilities
- Be responsible for timely and accurate reporting and presentation to clients to account for the location and status of all collateral documents for their portfolios
- Track, monitor, and measure each assignments progress from prep to recording.
- Manage and Reconcile the clients document library at each custodian monthly.
- Report and hold daily/weekly updates of progress for assignments and collateral reconciliation with clients externally and internally with SMS leadership
- Be involved in the day to day production of employees assigned to complete the assigned Document Curative processes.
- Assist Document Curative Manager with regular updates to all published policies and procedures to ensure that they remain current and receive, at a minimum, annual updates.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Comprehensive understanding of the Document Curative Department, its various sub-teams and the regulatory environment in which it operates.
- General management skills
- Ability to handle confidential material in a professional, ethical manner.
- Superior interpersonal skills to build and maintain professional relationships with vendors, co-workers, etc.
- Superior professional communication skills - written & verbal
- Superior time management skills & ability to respond to vendor/inter-departmental requests in a timely fashion.
- Ability to prioritize workload to meet deadlines and achieve volume goals and performance standards.
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office: Word, Excel & Outlook
- Research & analytical skills to comprehend applicable state laws.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or relevant business experience in mortgage administration and document management.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: job_20190821162950_BHTXIEXHRXYNVWCC