Document Curative Specialist
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is America’s 9th-largest third-party mortgage servicing company. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms); on their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios: We collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay homeowners’ tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The Document Curative (DC) Specialist is responsible for reviewing mortgage documentation to ensure clear title of loans serviced by Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS). The DC Specialist communicates heavily with vendors and inter-departmental staff to facilitate all title curative issues in a timely manner.
- Identify, process, and prepare required documents (Assignments of Mortgage, Release of Liens, Allonges, Lost Note Affidavits, Lost Mortgage Affidavits, etc.) for loans serviced by Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing with various levels of complexity.
- Review prepared loan documentation to ensure thoroughness, accuracy, and completeness with documentation standards.
- Ensure requested documentation is accurately completed within specific task SLAs.
- Request collateral files from investor designated document custodians to ensure that all needed documentation is obtained (within specific SLAs) to efficiently process Loss Mitigation, Bankruptcy and Foreclosure proceedings.
- Address inquiries from vendors, investors, Portfolio Managers, etc. professionally and in a timely fashion.
- Update Mortgage Electronic Records System, Inc. (MERS) database to ensure adequate reporting of changes in mortgage servicing rights and beneficial ownership interests in loans serviced by SMS.
- Review daily task queue and exception reports to ensure completion of assigned duties within specific SLAs.
- Update and annotate all actions/follow-ups processed on loans in all appropriate systems.
- Prepare required reporting - management, investor, vendor, MERS, etc.
- Basic understanding of mortgage servicing industry - Loss Mitigation, Bankruptcy, Foreclosure, and REO (Real Estate Owned)
- Ability to handle confidential material in a professional, ethical manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills to build and maintain professional relationships with vendors, co-workers, etc.
- Professional communication skills - written & verbal
- Strong time management skills & ability to respond to vendor/inter-departmental requests in a timely fashion.
- Ability to prioritize workload to meet deadlines and achieve volume goals and performance standards.
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office: Word, Excel & Outlook
- Research & analytical skills to comprehend applicable state laws.
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree preferred or relevant business experience in mortgage administration and document management.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: job_20190716155000_AAQHK3BEBQ2OGKVL