Document Curative Supervisor
Who we are:
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is America’s 5th-largest third-party mortgage servicing company. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms); on their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios: We collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay homeowners’ tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The Document Curative (DC) Supervisor is responsible for assisting the Document Curative Department Manager with daily oversight and management of the respective departmental sub-team(s) - Assignments, Lien Release, Collateral (Active or Liquidated), File Center, MERS, Transaction Management, Land Transactions, Assumptions, etc.
- Provide leadership, support and guidance to the team members of the assigned functional area.
- Organize workflow and ensure that employees understand their assigned duties and /or delegated tasks.
- Ensure all employees receive appropriate functional area training and education, including ongoing compliance training.
- Receive complaints/escalations from borrowers, clients and other external customers.
- Take ownership of all issues (borrower, client, external customers, etc.) and follow through to resolution.
- Set goals for employee performance and deadlines that are in alignment with departmental and organizational goals.
- Monitor employee productivity and performance.
- Provide constructive feedback and coaching.
- Conduct regular performance reviews of vendors and custodians within assigned functional area(s), to ensure compliance with any/all service level agreements (SLAs).
- Ensure accurate and timely delivery of reporting from the respective functional area - internal, client, vendor, custodial, etc.
- Ensure accurate and timely communication of information received from upper management to employees and vice versa.
- Assist DC Manager with regular updates to the DC SharePoint site, along with corresponding Job Aids and Workflows, etc.
- Assist DC Manager with regular updates to all published policies and procedures to ensure that they remain current and receive, at a minimum, annual updates.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Proven experience as a supervisor or other relevant leadership role.
- General mortgage servicing and mortgage document knowledge.
- General resource and pipeline management skills
- Ability to handle confidential material in a professional, ethical manner.
- Strong borrower-facing communication skills.
- Superior interpersonal skills to build and maintain professional relationships with vendors, co-workers, etc.
- Superior professional communication skills - written & verbal
- Superior time management skills & ability to respond to vendor/inter-departmental requests in a timely fashion.
- Ability to prioritize workload to meet deadlines and achieve volume goals and performance standards.
- Ability to maintain a consistent teamwork mentality.
- Ability to learn and execute multiple job functions.
- Intermediate research & analytical skills to comprehend applicable state laws.
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office: Word, Excel & Outlook
- Comprehensive understanding of the Document Curative Department, its various sub-teams and the regulatory environment in which it operates.
- Entry level SQL skills
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or relevant business experience in mortgage administration and document management.