Document Curative Team Lead
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is America’s 5th-largest third-party mortgage servicing company. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms); on their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios: We collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay homeowners’ tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The Document Curative (DC) Team Lead is responsible for assisting the Document Curative Supervisor and Department Manager with the overseeing the day to day operations of the assigned respective departmental sub-team(s) - Assignments, Lien Release, Collateral (Active or Liquidated), File Center, MERS, Transaction Management, etc.
- Provide leadership, support and guidance to the team members of the assigned functional area.
- Support DC Supervisor with tracking, monitoring, and measuring employee performance metrics and deadline achievement.
- Assist DC Supervisor with ensuring that all employees receive appropriate functional area training and education, including ongoing compliance training.
- Assist DC Supervisor with reviewing and resolving escalations.
- Assist DC Supervisor with regular performance reviews of vendors and custodians to ensure compliance with any/all service level agreements (SLAs).
- Assist DC Supervisor with accurate and timely delivery of reporting from the respective functional area - internal, client, vendor, custodial, etc.
- Assist DC Supervisor with regular updates to the DC SharePoint site, along with corresponding Job Aids and Workflows, etc.
- Assist DC Supervisor with regular updates to all published policies and procedures to ensure that they remain current and receive, at a minimum, annual updates.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office: Word, Excel & Outlook
- General mortgage servicing and mortgage document knowledge.
- General resource and pipeline management skills
- Ability to handle confidential material in a professional, ethical manner.
- Superior interpersonal skills to build and maintain professional relationships with vendors, co-workers, etc.
- Superior professional communication skills - written & verbal
- Superior time management skills & ability to respond to vendor/inter-departmental requests in a timely fashion.
- Ability to prioritize workload to meet deadlines and achieve volume goals and performance standards.
- Research & analytical skills to comprehend applicable state laws.
- Comprehensive understanding of the Document Curative Department, its various sub-teams and the regulatory environment in which it operates.
- Entry level SQL skills
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree preferred or relevant business experience in mortgage administration and document management.