Document Curative Team Lead
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is America??s 5th-largest third-party mortgage servicing company. What is mortgage servicing? Businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms) contract with us to manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, including collecting homeowners’ mortgage payments, paying homeowners’ tax and insurance bills, and helping homeowners in default to get current once again.
The Document Curative Team Lead is responsible for coordinating with Document Curative Management and Specialists, along with lien release vendors and collateral custodians, on day-to-day processes. The Document Curative Team Lead will obtain signatures on the custodian release forms and ensure Document Curative Specialists have access to custodian websites, update and validate custodian release forms, work with custodians on issues relating to the release forms, help Document Curative Specialists with custodian issues, ensure that the servicing system matches vendor and custodian reporting, and run daily lien release vendor reports, among other responsibilities. The Document Curative Team Lead will also be responsible for updating department P&Ps and helping to create and maintain department training materials and desktop procedures.
- Day-to-Day training on the process changes for the Document Curative Specialist position.
- Coordinate and distribute vendor and custodian reporting while measuring and accuracy of the data provided.
- Provide input and attend weekly vendor meetings to discuss issues, concerns, and questions.
- Ensure timely delivery of any daily, weekly or monthly reporting, routing them to the appropriate parties as needed.
- Utilizing control reporting provided by the servicing system, ensure reporting of any out of standard items from the Document Curative Reporting that exceed the indicated timeframe for compliance standards.
- Administer all investor-required reporting ensuring accuracy of the data requested and timely remittance to the appropriate parties as directed.
- Work with department managers and SMEs to ensure all published policies and procedures remain current and receive annual updates, as well as updates as needed based on changes.
- Work with department managers and SMEs to create and maintain department training materials and desktop procedures, utilizing process workflows and other graphics as required to best facilitate the presentation of the material.
- Analyze ad-hoc reports to resolve escalated inquiries.
- All other duties as assigned
- Comprehensive understanding of the Document Curative Department, its various sub-groups, and the regulatory environment in which it operates.
- Deadline-driven and highly organized/responsive. Able to drive for results while forging a collaborative working relationship with all necessary business partners, internal as well as vendor-based.
- Excellent work ethic, high productivity, and acute attention to detail a must.
- Ability to research and comprehend state laws and regulations.
- Short learning curve to assimilate new skills and tasks.
- Superior written and verbal communication and follow up skills as well as a strong sense of accountability. Technical writing experience helpful.
- Ability to multi-task and well organized.
- Advanced Excel and Word skills mandatory.
- 5 years of mortgage documents experience.