Due Diligence Coordinator
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of America’s top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The Due Diligence Coordinator works with Compliance to prepare, research, and respond investor audits, investor requests, and compliance changes. This individual will work with compliance staff to assist in training and remediation activities when necessary to help improve the overall quality of the output of the team. The Coordinator will be responsible for the timely preparation of audit documents and audit populations for submission to the various investors, regulators, and GSE’s.
- Review, research and respond timely to departmental audits both internal and external for default departments.
- Work closely with the Operations management team and their staff to determine root causes for issues and provide recommended solutions.
- Work with Compliance Department to assist with coordination of rebuttals and remediation activities within the operational teams.
- Manage call model process including attending monthly call calibration sessions with supervisors and call audit team.
- Act as mediator for call dispute resolutions/escalations & send reminders to Supervisors to manage call disputes.
- Manage Audit Tollgate.
- Create reports to determine adherence when necessary.
- Track success of remediation activity.
- Research and prepare audit responses and see to their timely submission.
- Undertake special projects related to departmental activities and perform other duties as assigned.
- Monitor GSE reporting sites for notices of changes and keep track of the status of them.
- Gather documents and information for monthly audits for Clients and Regulators.
- Performs related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education and Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma is required.
- 1-2 years of related experience.
- Prior Insurance and Loan Servicing experience is preferred.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability Requirements
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong knowledge and understanding of mortgage servicing regulations, NMS requirements, and GSE guidelines is required. Experience analyzing basic processes and data for all supported business units
- Demonstrated strong skill set for organization and attention to detail
- Strong research and follow-up skills, as well as the ability to meet strict deadlines
- Self-Motivated. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work overtime as needed
- Ability to work well with others across departments
- Strong analytical, problem solving and mathematical skills
* 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) days and 18 after 1st anniversary!
* 9 Paid Holidays
* Employee Engagement Activities
* Medical (including Health Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account)
* Dental - RX - Vision - Life, Disability Insurance - 401(k) Plan with company match! - Employee Assistance Plan
* Performance-based Incentives
* Pet Insurance
* Advancement Opportunities
* Our Corporate Social Responsibility program, Newrez NOW, empowers employees to become leaders in their communities through a robust program that includes volunteering, philanthropy, nonprofit grants, and more
* 1 Volunteer Time Off (VTO) day, company-paid volunteer day where all eligible employees may participate in a volunteer event with a nonprofit of their choice
* Employee Matching Gifts Program: We will match monetary employee donations to eligible non-profit organizations, dollar-for-dollar, up to $1,000 per employee
* Newrez Grants Program: Newrez hosts a giving portal where we provide employees an abundance of resources to search for an opportunity to donate their time or monetary contributions
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R4909