Escrow Analysis Supervisor
Who we are:
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is America’s 8th-largest third-party mortgage servicing company. What is mortgage servicing? Businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms) contract with us to manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, including collecting homeowners’ mortgage payments, paying homeowners’ tax and insurance bills, and helping homeowners in default to get current once again.
The Escrow Analysis Supervisor will help the manager oversee the day to day operations of the escrow analysis functions, which include responsibility for the monitoring and disbursement of escrow surplus checks, daily exception reporting review, monitoring and training of the escrow staff to ensure consistent SLA’s are being met, internal liaison between the tax, insurance and MI groups, report development and validation, as well as ensuring accurate and timely analysis for bulk analysis and tasks in accordance with investor and regulatory guidelines.
- Primary responsibility is helping on escalations by directing research among team members and sending back timely and professional responses to the requestor and/or closing the task.
- Oversee the development and management of the escrow analysis export. This includes the initial testing, installation, ongoing monitoring and vendor relationship after installation.
- Insure execution and processing of analysis batches and tasks follow RESPA timelines and company SLA’s.
- Create additional reporting for upper level management review to display quality and quantity of work in the escrow department.
- Review the monthly exception reporting with the Tax, Insurance and MI team, so that escrow analyses can be produced timely and accurately.
- Coaches members of the escrow team to ensure they meet the appropriate productivity standards and maintain task SLA’s.
- Solves problems rapidly and cost-effectively with minimal disruption.
- Helps the manager with exception reporting, auditing, control log, and providing feedback on associate performance.
- Ensures Escrow Analysis group posts escrow surplus batches daily and reconciliation reports are created.
- Meet all required deadlines as assigned by department manager
- All other duties and special projects as assigned.
- 2-4 years of escrow analyses experience
- Experience with managing/supervising a team preferred
- Strong knowledge of Excel
- Knowledge of regulatory and compliance requirements
- Leadership/presentation skills
- 2+ year College Degree and equivalent work experience preferred.